Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161
Results 2,401 to 2,407 of 2407

Thread: Pet talk

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Thank you so much. I really needed that. Unfortunately, I've almost always been on the waited-too-long end of things. Always holding out hope for a miracle. That guilt is the WORST because you know they suffered longer than they needed to. This feels terrible but in a different way. Too soon? Did I rob him of more time? But the answer is no. His last few hours, he would not move from the bathroom. He was in so much pain that he could not stand up. I brought his food to him. He had to badly use the bathroom, but still didn't because the pain was so bad. I don't know how it happened that fast. Even at 2 a.m., he was walking around, scratching on his post, and jumped on the couch to sit next to me and was making biscuits on the blanket. That killed me because I thought how can I do this when he's still able to do these things? Around 4 a.m., it just went south. I think now he had one last hurrah. I didn't think of it at the time. I thought those were signs not to do it, but I really think it was him saying goodbye to his life.

I really hope you have more time with your baby. I know it's never enough time! I would have loved if Ollie made it to 16 or even 14 or 15, but i still would have wanted 40 more years. It sounds like you're listening to your cat and truly doing what's best for her. It's hard especially when there is a theoretical treatment, but you know your cat would not cope well with either the process or the aftermath. I want to hug you and your girl.

Thank you!

I am convinced that you did it at just the right time! It'd just so damn hard to wade through the grief process.

If you want to find me on Instagram I am WenVoz.
    Last edited by entropy; 04-14-2018 at 09:34 PM.

It is I know there is no other option, but it's so unfair we have to make the choice and without them getting a voice.

I am definitely not adjusting well to no cat love. I've NEVER been without the love and companionship of a cat. Usually multiple cats at my side at the same time. This is killing me.

When you are ready....

I'd love to. I have a ton of love to give. In my current living situation though, I can't.

I have Vera still, but she really just makes herself known when she comes for food and sometimes to play. She's been here almost 8 years and still terrified of everything. She has been trying to make an effort to come by me sometimes, maybe 5 minutes a day before she starts freaking out. I don't know what happened to her when she was outside that scarred her for life.

Poor thing! It could be a mixture of a shy personality and some scary things!

Foster Dad John has some new kittens. Poor guy has gone through a lot the past month loosing three of his own cats in a month.

Definitely a lot is fear. When she is out, say eating food, if you make any sound or walk anywhere near her, she goes running and hiding. In terms of love, I think we had a breakthrough yesterday. I had someone working on my furnace (14 HOURS WTF) and she was TERRIFIED of all of the noise. She kept coming to be by me to comfort her. Every time she got scared (about every 5 minutes), she came running to me for comfort. My heart melted. I felt awful that she was scared, but selfishly felt wonderful that she trusted me to protect her. Then this morning when I got up to get some water, I came back to my room and she was waiting for me. She let me pet her for a whole 10 minutes, which is years in Vera time.