Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2489

Thread: Pet talk

Oh god, we are dealing with SO MUCH POOP. And i have to give him shots now! B12 shots! I'm sorry you lost your kitty . It's so hard when they're sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Oh god, we are dealing with SO MUCH POOP. And i have to give him shots now! B12 shots! I'm sorry you lost your kitty . It's so hard when they're sick.
    Oh, poor kitty and poor humans! Is he good about letting you give him shots?

Fuzzy, THE IBD, cat was ok with being pilled. She didn't seem care. However, she was a medium haired cat! That fur mixed with IBD and arthritis was a nightmare. We tried to keep her shaved in the back, but half the time we would have to wash her ass after pooping. She hated THAT so much! She would try to sneak to the litter box. Finally, she started just going on our bathroom floor where we would wash her ass!

I used to always think, "Thank goodness Leo doesn't have diarrhea like most IBD cats," but man, that projectile vomiting was no fucking joke. I didn't even understand how that could come out of a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Oh, poor kitty and poor humans! Is he good about letting you give him shots?

Fuzzy, THE IBD, cat was ok with being pilled. She didn't seem care. However, she was a medium haired cat! That fur mixed with IBD and arthritis was a nightmare. We tried to keep her shaved in the back, but half the time we would have to wash her ass after pooping. She hated THAT so much! She would try to sneak to the litter box. Finally, she started just going on our bathroom floor where we would wash her ass!
    He is WAY better about shots than pills. He has gotten smart about Pill Pockets so we have to scam him now by hiding it in chicken sometimes...and even then once in a whole he just refuses and I have to shove it down his throat. NOT FUN.

We have to clean his butt too . He is not super fuzzy, but he will wipe his ass on my furniture and it stinks. Fortunately, the latest round of antibiotics and doubling his prednisolone dosage has helped somewhat. The problem is that he is now Crazy Hulk Cat who thinks he's a kitten because he's hopped up on the 'roids. NIGHTMARE CAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    We have to clean his butt too . He is not super fuzzy, but he will wipe his ass on my furniture and it stinks. Fortunately, the latest round of antibiotics and doubling his prednisolone dosage has helped somewhat. The problem is that he is now Crazy Hulk Cat who thinks he's a kitten because he's hopped up on the 'roids. NIGHTMARE CAT.
    I had to giggle at 'roid rage cat!

But I know the ass wipe struggle you face. That was the worst. We only had it on our carpet. But good grief! we would gag cleaning up cat crap. That stuff is so gross!

This morning we woke up to find our beagle was completely in distress. I think the worse. I think he has bloat. We rush him off to the Vet to be told he probably pulled a muscle in his back. She checked him out really well and was able to pinpoint the pain. His color was good. He had no fever and she was able to get him to eat treats. He refused to eat at home. We were able to give him his pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have a feeling that the strong wind pushed him around a bit too much yesterday.

Anybody ever deal with pulled dog muscles? The poor guy seems completely uncomfortable. I hope the pills help!
    Last edited by entropy; 03-02-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    I have an 11 year old cat. He's naturally a pretty nervous guy. I'm moving from Missouri to Texas. My last move from Nebraska to Missouri was a nightmare. In about two seconds, he figured out a way to bust out of his carrier. He ended up hiding on the floor in the back. I really don't want a repeat of this. It was absolutely terrible.

I have a new carrier that I've had out for awhile and he sleeps in it sometimes. I tried this tactic last time, but when he got in the car he lost his shit. I am REALLY REALLY hesitant to sedate because I've heard horror stories about the sedation actually scaring them more. I'm getting Feliway calming spray (they use this for him at the vet and he does fairly okay). I'm putting things in the carrier he knows and will be covering the carrier with a thin blanket. What else is there? I'm borderline hysterical about this, almost to the point where I don't want to move at all. Thanks, ya'll

I don't know if this will help, but I've used these calming collars for Taxi Cat when he gets grumpy. It definitely chills him out, but it takes about thirty minutes. Not sure how it would work for this, but between the feliway, the calming collar, and the carrier he's already familiar with, it might help.

I'd put the collar on your cat about 30 minutes to an hour before you leave, then take it off and hang it inside the carrier. That way it can't get caught on anything if he's going nuts in there.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    I don't know if this will help, but I've used these calming collars for Taxi Cat when he gets grumpy. It definitely chills him out, but it takes about thirty minutes. Not sure how it would work for this, but between the feliway, the calming collar, and the carrier he's already familiar with, it might help.

I'd put the collar on your cat about 30 minutes to an hour before you leave, then take it off and hang it inside the carrier. That way it can't get caught on anything if he's going nuts in there.
    That is a lovely suggestion. Thank you for that. I may give that a go.

I second the calming collar! I use one for my Scampy when he has to go to the vet, his Most Hated Thing!

Just wanted to update:
    I went to the vet with Thundercat before my move and he recommended sedation. I told the vet my fears and he promised me, given his history, it would better.
    So I did...it was still pretty traumatic. Giving the pill was really shitty. Also, thank goodness the vet warned me about the third eyelids showing after the med is administered. That was pretty horrifying, as well. It did keep him quiet, but every time I would speak or sneeze, he would start meowing. To me, that was a sign of what I had mentioned before; that he wasn't calm, but he couldn't really express his anxiety because he was drugged.

Fast forward to last week, and I had to move again. This time, I did not medicate him, and referenced this thread for calming suggestions. He did okay. Not great, but he was only nuts for an hour or so before settling in to mildly miserable. Thanks again for all of your help!

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    Ollie's been constipated off and on for the last month or so, but otherwise his eating, drinking, and behavior has been normal. About 2 weeks ago, he started eating a bit less, though his appetite was strong. I thought maybe he was eating less because he was uncomfortable from the constipation. He'd pretty much sleep on the couch and do nothing else until he could poop and felt better, and then he'd be back to normal.

About a week ago, he started not eating really any cat food at all (wet or dry, didn't matter the flavor; I've got like 40 different ones to try to tempt him), but he was still super hungry. I'd have to give him treats, which he went nuts for and inhaled, and tuna (same) just to give him calories. He was still not pooping much, still mostly on the couch.

I was hospitalized from Friday through Sunday but the person taking care of him said he was eating tuna, spending time in the open windows, on his cat tree, in my bed. etc. and pooped Friday and Saturday, so he seemed good again. Sunday no poop and not really eating. When I got home Sunday night, he was all over me for hours. Monday, back to the same. No poop, not really eating. He pooped late Monday night and Tuesday night.

Yesterday, no poop, not really eating until I mashed up some tuna with water. He slurped a bunch of it up (well, maybe 1/4 of a small pouch). In the afternoon, I got him to eat about 1oz of wet food by doing the same, mixing it with water so it was almost soupy. He would drink it and it seemed to work well for him. Last night, he ate a few bites of wet food, but seemed to have issues chewing it.

This morning he was really lovely and seemed hungry, so I made him a bit of wet food soup. He slurped a bit up and then went to sleep. Since then, I cannot get him to touch anything, not even tuna, not even treats. Up until today I was very hopeful because at least he had an appetite, but him now not eating the "soupy" food either is terrifying me. I haven't seen him drink water today either, though I think he might have in the middle of the night.

He's still grooming himself, still making biscuits on his blanket, still purrs when he comes by me for pets.

He has a vet appointment tomorrow, but I am just losing my shit. I don't have money for treatment as it is. My vet is kind enough to do a free exam so we can figure out the cause, but I don't know where to go from there.

Does anyone have any hopeful advice they could give because I have not been able to stop crying. I am not being hyperbolic when I say he is all I have in the world and all that is keeping me alive. He is my only source of love and happiness since my mom died, and I cannot handle the idea of losing him.

If it's something like a bad tooth, is it possible that's why he stopped eating mostly, and then maybe now if it's bothering him enough, he won't eat at all?

So, apparently the (non-cancerous) tumor on Ollie's leg is bothering him, as he decided last night to start picking at it and ripped it open. I came out to blood everywhere and him looking at me like, "I didn't do anything", as the blood dripped from his leg. I haven't slept and am frantic.

Ollie needs the tumor removed and his full dental and extraction so he can start eating normally. The vet agreed to do it all for $1000, but I thought I'd have until early next week to get the money together. The vet doesn't work tomorrow, so the earliest I can get him in is Thursday, and I'm hoping the stars align for the vet and the pet transportation company to be available at the same time. Now I'm in limbo, waiting to hear back from the vet if they will accept a partial payment the day of, and the rest next week.

In the meantime, I put some Neosporin on it, which he of course licked off. He was curled up by me and then when I kept stopping him from licking himself, he decided to leave me and go pick at it elsewhere. I don't know what to do until he can get his surgery. Cones / collars don't work on him. The bastard knows how to rip them off. I've tried everything in the past and nothing that stops him from reaching the area works.

I don't know how people survive human kids because animals are stressful enough.

Years ago, we had to get some sort of industrial strength cone for one of my cats after a being spaded. She could rip the others right off. We ended borrowing it from the vet! You might want to check with them to see if they have any collars that are "heavy duty." My kitty determined to rip out her stitches!

He had one of those last time. Like a damn rat, he managed to squeeze his head out of it.

He's having the double surgery tomorrow since it's become urgent now, and I'm scared. Scared of him making it through, the recovery, and then scared of the chance that after these surgeries, he'll still be sick with some mystery illness that I'll never be able to afford to diagnose. I'm trying not to go there. Good vibes for my boy tomorrow.