Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PJ Harvey: B-Sides & Rarities

^ yes.

and yes False Fire and Within a Month are sung by John Parish... but I am only relaying info this time, because I still haven't heard those!!

Are we counting collaborations? She sang backup on some songs on Mark Lanegan's Bubblegum album, sang some of the Desert Sessions 9-10 songs (don't forget the Crawl Home single, with a Desert Sessions cover of Whores Hustle), and sang on a Moonshake album. She also did Green Eyes, Love Too Soon and Featherhead with Pascal Comelade. I think the Gordon Gano and John Parish tracks have been listed here already.

My favorite is Just A Working Girl from the Moonshake album.

Love too Soon with Pascal Comelade is beautiful.

I spent quite some time this morning compiling a file of 57 rarities, many of which I hadn't heard before. Obviously, it was hella time-consuming, but worth it. Here are some of my favorites:

66 Promises
    Airplane Blues
    Memphis
    Zaz Turned Blue
    Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Gary V View Post
    Are we counting collaborations? She sang backup on some songs on Mark Lanegan's Bubblegum album, sang some of the Desert Sessions 9-10 songs (don't forget the Crawl Home single, with a Desert Sessions cover of Whores Hustle), and sang on a Moonshake album. She also did Green Eyes, Love Too Soon and Featherhead with Pascal Comelade. I think the Gordon Gano and John Parish tracks have been listed here already.

My favorite is Just A Working Girl from the Moonshake album.
    Oh, and she also sang backing on Sparklehorse's "Piano Fire." Great song to begin with, even better with PJ!

There's also Slow-Motion-Movie-Star that was recorded and released by Mick Harvey on his record Two of Diamonds. I think it was written during the Stories era. I love Mick's version, but I would still love to hear Polly's version. At least a demo.

edit: The song was written by PJ Harvey and recorded by Mick Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by whatlanguagenodutch View Post
    Oh, and she also sang backing on Sparklehorse's "Piano Fire." Great song to begin with, even better with PJ!
    She also sings and provides guitars on "Eyepennies" from that album.
    My photo blog: polaroidsf

"... slept with a cat, on my chest, slowing my heart, stealing my breath"

this song slays me

When these B-sides come out, I listened to them more than anything else (on Stories...). They're so good!!!!

and

and I have to say that this version of Water is one of my favourite live performances of all time!

"The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

I love the b-sides that came out of Stories as well. Kick It To The Ground is probably my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    instagram: @minablk_

http://last.fm/user/ashablack

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    And Memphis!

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    And 30 and 66 Promises!

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Adding a little more love to "Kick it to the ground"; one of her most gut-wrenching songs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Adding a little more love to "Kick it to the ground"; one of her most gut-wrenching songs ever.
    Definitely. I always got the feeling the song would have been written/recorded around the time of Is This Desire? due to it's feel, lyrics and style. It sounds like it's not finished completely but it works that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    instagram: @minablk_

http://last.fm/user/ashablack