Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PJ Harvey: B-Sides & Rarities

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    She has a ton of AMAZING B-sides, to be sure, but there is a clear winner: MEMPHIS! Memphis people. Memphis! It's powerful and feels very personal. There is such an urgency to it. It's perfect.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Memphis is one of my favourite of all PJH songs. I think it's one of her most beautiful and, yes, powerful songs.

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    Memphis is one of my favourite of all PJH songs. I think it's one of her most beautiful and, yes, powerful songs.
    ^ Same.

No really. The first time I heard it, I was like, "Okay Peej, can you get anymore PJ???? Standard / Same".
    But the hook, and the lyrics, vocals, guitars and everything, they are just too good to be true. My heart just breaks everytime it goes into the last part "You'll always have open eyes....."
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

can someone tell a bitch where Instrumental #1 can be found, if at all? I vaguely remember someone saying it was in some short film, like how WWISYA showed up randomly in A Bunny Girl's Tale or whatever it was. I'm tired of searching now, help plz. :P

I didn't think it existed? As in it hasn't been released in any format?

Ah, well don't mind me, I thought I heard that it turned up via soundtrack, but maybe not.

I'm still intrigued by that ITD b-side promo. I wonder why The Garden was being considered for a b-side? I can't imagine Faster I Breathe being used in its place. Or maybe the album was only going to be 11 tracks?

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    I didn't think it was released, I suspect the songs on that promo are mislabeled (though I could be wrong of course).

Faster I breathe was written as a soundtrack right? I didn't think it was a ITD? take-out.

Always assumed she considered the Bay for on the album, because of her background writings in the booklet.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

I love everything from this era.

The list of her songs from that era is pretty interesting on BMI or whatever it is....

According to the bio the original tracklisting was much different, and PJ always writes/records loads more songs than ever get released. That promo looks like it's from six weeks before the album was released interestingly.

http://www.thegardenforum.org/viewto...=7&t=31#p19192

Whoever did this is amazing.....

Does anyone have "this mess we're in" with polly solo vocals in flac, or at least hq? :'(
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Let's not forget what a powerhouse...

and enigmatic artist she is.

if you had to make an album out of PJ b-sides what would it consist of?

asking mostly because Id like to make it as a playlist ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    ...like how WWISYA showed up randomly in A Bunny Girl's Tale or whatever it was.
    I had never heard this before. It's lovely

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    One word: Memphis

GD I love that song.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    This rarity was available for download in 2013 and is my #1 favorite song of that year.

He was eventually released from GTMO in 2015.