Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: $cientology

If you watch Going Clear, I think they talked about Shelly as well. It's said that she's maybe locked in one of those Scientology prisons called "the hole." Here's a Vanity Fair piece about her, from last year:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2014...een-de-throned

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I watched it this morning. There wasn't anything in there that surprised me, I think most of it has been covered in other documentaries/books. The emphasis on her relationship with Tom Cruise was interesting, since we haven't heard much about him specifically before - he seems to be largely off-limits to even other celebrity Scientologists. I did love how she told the church TC and Miscavige were harming the reputation and image of the church, because I think they are largely oblivious to that. However, the interview adds to the amount of criticism from ex-Scientology members and is consistent with previous critiques, which is important. I can see how someone who hasn't heard much about it would find it shocking.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    It does give some new insights into the workings of the church and the sick mechanics they apply. I hope that some more people follow in opening up about it more, like Mimi Rogers, and Katie Holmes.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If you watch Going Clear, I think they talked about Shelly as well. It's said that she's maybe locked in one of those Scientology prisons called "the hole." Here's a Vanity Fair piece about her, from last year:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2014...een-de-throned
    The reason why Scientology was under legal fire in the Netherlands was because it forced its employees to go to a "the Hole"-like camp in Denmark; this was a long time ago.

By the way, another important person that appears to be missing for over 10 years now is Heber Jentzsch. What I said about legal action in France I read about in a pro-Scientology article written by him (in 2000, when he was president of the LA branch);http://articles.latimes.com/2000/apr/21/local/me-22017.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I hope that some more people follow in opening up about it more, like Mimi Rogers, and Katie Holmes.
    It's commonly thought that Katie traded her silence about CoS for a quick divorce and full custody of Suri. Understandable.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

The interview says that Holmes apologized in writing for the treatment Remini received. That is important, as it is not only partially breaking silence on Katie's side, it also partially substantiates Remini's claims.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Found this article about all the bat-shit things Tom Cruise does that Leah Remini describes in her tell-all.

Source

There was an incident with cookie dough.

Remini writes that people were “terrified of offending Tom.” Once, he wanted to make cookies, and there was a package of prepackaged cookie dough on the counter. He asked, “Guys, where’s the cookie stuff?” The assistants fluttered around but they didn’t point out to him that it was right there on the counter. “Tom seemed like a child who had never been told no,” Remini observes. “Get in the fucking present time, is what you need to do!” he screamed at his assistant. He then gave a rundown of the hierarchy:

“Still not noticing the log of pre-made dough on the counter, Tom raised his hand above his head. “LRH [L. Ron Hubbard] is here,” he said, then lowered his hand to his chin and said, “And Dave and I are here.” Then, with his hand down at his waist, he said, “And you are here.”

This painful scene mercifully ended when Remini nonchalantly said, “Oh wait. Tom, is this it?”

What a complete fuckstick. People who treat subordinates poorly are the scum of the earth.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I just finished the Leah Remini book. It was an interesting read for someone like me that doesn't know much about Scientology.

As an athiest, I could see being roped into the secular aspects of the organization, and I'm a sucker for anything that involves "leveling up."

She's a brave lady, definitely worth the read.

I'm only 8 chapters in, but it's a great read so far! She writes the way she talks, so it's a page turner.

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    HAs anyone been watching Leah Remini's Scientology series? I never much liked her acting, but have a whole new found respect for her. Even thougfh I feel sick hearing about the practices of that fucking cult, I think she and Mark Rinder do a great job. I hope this reaches to a lot of people and those who can actually do something about it.

I think I have to read her book now.

I'm watching! The last episode was amazing! Too bad the people who need to see it will never see it.

I read her book last year, it's worth the read.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    I binged a couple of episodes last week. It is really good. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with this cult.

Completely binged it too. Leah Remini is my new hero. These series are extremely insightful. Those live stalkings are scary as hell too. What psychoes.