Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry Rollins vs. some woman who is allegedly a hipster

Henry Rollins vs. some woman who is allegedly a hipster

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. This is the man who only listens to ultra-rare, out of print soul records or something. Why the self-hate?

That girl was being a brat. I thought he handled himself very well. If he had been self-loathing, I think he would've gotten defiant and angry. Instead, he just put that girl in her place. I'm sure she just wanted to tell her friends " Oh My God. I saw Henry Rollins last night and yelled " Get In The Van"! HAHAH. See how cool I am!?!? I'm being patronizing to Indie Icons!"

That said, I love him.

Henry Rollins is Henry Rollins and though he can seem like a pompous ass, I love that man. It did seem like he went off on nothing, but who knows what he heard from her before hand and the "get in the van" comment was shitty. I have no idea what she meant by that, but whatevs. He was clearly going into that place with the foresight of something like that happening, so he was already in the confrontational mindset. That being said, the hipster girl was mouthy and the Iranian girl was fucking sweet.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    The girl was being a bit jerky but I think he handled it fine. I'm one of those old, in the way people so wtf do I know?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

I dunno. I love me some Henry, but he was walking around with a really inflated ego during that clip.

I think the girl was out of line, and frankly if some little shit started mouthing off to me just for the LULZ I'd probably be a little miffed too. The man was just trying to go to a record store ffs.

I thought it was funny that he actually confronted her and hey, she got a story to tell out of it and didn't seem offended at all, rather the opposite - I'm sure she enjoyed the attention. Anyway, he wasn't out of line in addressing her after she shouted out like that at all. Clearly he was on edge from the start though, and the references to his age seem to imply he's feeling it a bit. He should chill out. So what that he's older - he's Henry Rollins and has proven himself over the years where as those kids are just ... kids. He still looks bloody good too.

I did enjoy the jab at the trust fund kiddies though. Those are always in vogue.

PS. My favourite Rollins stand-up clip:

I just didn't totally get that from her. Maybe I'm missing something (I've not read the book), but while she was obviously having a laugh I thought she tried very hard to recover from it by letting on she was a fan and such.

Plus he did appear to be on a bit of a hipster hunt from the get go.

Yeah. If she were a heckler, I'd get it. But she's just a skuzzy kid in a music shop trying to get his attention. And I think her having her own band precludes her from the lazy hipster scum classification. It was a dick move on his part.

And poor Shirin. He used her like a human shield.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairn View Post
    while she was obviously having a laugh I thought she tried very hard to recover from it by letting on she was a fan and such.
    She only did that because she was like (gulp) oh shit now I'm gonna look stupid on camera in front of my friends, etc...

I'm team Rollins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
    And poor Shirin. He used her like a human shield.
    I saw that, too.

That chick was asking for it - literally. Don't tell me she didn't see the camera crew hanging on to Rollins and think "shit, what a great opportunity!" Sure, commenting once loud enough for Rollins to hear may not warrant direct attention from him, but hollaring "get in the van, man, get in the van" after that was just her trying to push his buttons. And it worked. Good for her, now she's on youtube!

Either way, Rollins will be Rollins. I love him, even if he involved Shirin in that little outburst. That's just who he is.
    I love you, Kenwood! Why don't you come back home to TGS and pick the peas out of my fried rice? And the rice. I just want carrots.

wth does "get in the van" mean? I'm not terribly familiar with Rollins, so I don't know if that's a direct reference to him.

Get In The Van is a memoir by Rollins about his Black Flag days.
    I love you, Kenwood! Why don't you come back home to TGS and pick the peas out of my fried rice? And the rice. I just want carrots.