Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,111 to 1,116 of 1116

Thread: Depression/Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    my boss is wreaking havoc on my mental health. I've quit hiding it and just let my anxiety fly in front of her. so when she shows up in a shit mood and treats everyone like shit, I ask her, "did I do something? Are you mad at me? You just seem really upset with me." I mean, fuck it, I'm tired of getting shit on because she didn't like the number in the scale that morning. I know she's shitting on us because she's mad at the world, but it still makes me fucking paranoid. Anyway. It's been effective and I've noticed she'll try To be more encouraging and less moody.

Unfortunately it's too late and I don't give a fuck. like AT ALL. But the thought of another job doing the same thing? NOPE. I feel so stuck. Even with a career change (which I want), I'm still looking at at least two more years of this. Ugh. I've called in sick twice in the last two weeks just because I couldn't deal. I haven't had a sick day in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I hear you lady. I have one of those. It's demoralizing and awful.
    Ladies,

I am so sorry you've got to deal with that JP. I wish I was as brave as you in your willingness to let it show to your boss. My boss can barely deal with a client who doesn't agree with him. I'm afraid that if I let my anxiety show and push back he won't take it well. And the worst part is that I kind of did let it show a bit the other day AND IT DIDN'T MAKE ONE DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE! He just walked off. Didn't say a damn thing. I keep fantasizing about getting a new job but the very thought of going through the whole process freaks me out. I've been in this job for almost 10 years!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

i sail my ship on dry land Pirates, yeah!'s Avatar
    I am not depressed! It's been six years since I've been able to say that, and I'm so happy to say it again now. Just wanted to post this to give some hope that recovery is possible. There were times when I really did not believe I would ever not be depressed again, but here I am. I am getting better at accepting that depression/mania/mood problems will probably always be in my life, and I need to relish times when I am well. I will probably continue to have depressive episodes, with times of reprieve. I think I'm OK with that. I've gotten a lot better at recognising the signs of depression (or mania) setting in and getting help early.

There is hope, stable mood is achievable

Hey guys, I'm new in this forum and it's nice to see this corner here.

I'm 25 yo and suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and depression. Actually, it all started with a period of acute insomnia that left me like, 50 hours awake. Since then I've developed a tremendous FEAR of going to sleep, which made me anxious and this anxiety started to grow to all the other areas of my life. I went to my psychiatrist two years ago and now I can say that my anxiety is kinda fine. I still DREAD sleep time, and my brain does all kind of calculation like "I slept 6 hours today, if I go to bed at 1am I'll have X hours of sleep if I can sleep at 2 am at least, and by 2 am I've been awake for 18 hours, which is almost 24 hours". It's tiresome. And beginning last year, depression started (which in some way contributed to low my anxiety - because of the apathy).

I work but I'm not happy here, my boss is very obnoxious - I called in sick two times already, and I work here for three months. I'm doing a masters in art history and it's going well, but sometimes I feel lost. I have a nice and caring bf, but sometimes I can lash out on him and then I feel so guilty. As the saying goes, why we hurt the ones who love us most? If somebody - anybody - could see my life from afar, they would say that there's nothing wrong with it, but that's just not true. My friends are getting more distant, and I can't blame them. I dread social events, and missed a couple of birthdays parties of my dearest friends. And sometimes I'm at work and I do nothing. I just go "what the hell - fire me", like I don't care. I need the job but I don't want it, it makes me miserable, because I'm miserable.

I take 5 meds everyday and they help me, but it's a struggle. My family is super religious, fanatic catholics so for them it's just lack of God. I have my spirituality, but not like them. Anyway, it was good to talk here. I feel more relieved now.
    (yesterday I barely slept, and it makes me so nervous about going to sleep today)

Have you tried Lunesta or Ambien?

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Have you tried Lunesta or Ambien?
    Yep, one of the meds I take is Ambien (well, not exactly Ambien since it's not available in Brazil, but it's called Stilnox and it's zolpidem, the same). Most of the days I sleep decently, the thought of going to sleep is the worst thing.

Racing thoughts at night are rough

Been leaning on low dose of Xanax when it's really bad but try not to use it frequently
    It really helps
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm