Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live PJ Requests

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar

Live PJ Requests

mods, let me know if this isn't OK but thought it would be nice to have a thread like this in this forum too.

i'm looking for a good quality boot from the 2007 tour. i downloaded the NYC show from Beacon Theatre and it's a great performance but i'm wondering if there are any other boots out there in better quality?

i just downloaded the 2004 Peel Session if anyone's interested in grabbing that, i've uploaded it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?o99pr992lzy5ccx

1. The Letter
    2. Uh Huh Her
    3. Cat On The Wall
    4. EVOL
    5. Shame
    Last edited by MikeEP; 01-26-2011 at 03:20 PM.

The Orpheum show is quite nice, and there's an @forumz post to nab it too.

http://www.atforumz.com/showpost.php?p=5481959

The links still seem to be active, but let me know. This tour went on into 2008, there are several boots but this one is pretty good.

PJ Harvey
    Orpheum Theater
    Los Angeles, CA, US
    October 15, 2007

Setlist:
    Intro
    To Bring You My Love
    Send His Love To Me
    When Under Ether
    The Devil
    White Chalk
    Man-Size
    Angelene
    My Beautiful Leah
    Nina In Ecstasy
    Electric Light
    Shame
    Snake
    Big Exit
    Who The Fuck?
    Down By The Water
    Grow, Grow, Grow
    The Mountain
    Silence
    -Encore-
    Rid Of Me
    Water
    The Piano
    The Desperate Kingdom Of Love

Total Run Time: 78:18

Source: Schoeps CCM4s (60' apart, 15' back from stacks) Cross-mixed in post.

Notes:
    The performance is spectacular, the audience very respectful but also really into it,
    and the two sources are both great, each being about 15 feet back from their respective
    stacks and almost perfectly symmetrical. The mix is amazingly wide. Listen on headphones!

This is almost the same setlist as the NYC show five days earlier except that WTF? is
    added in this show (but not on the set list) and the order of Shame and Snake are reversed.

Production and Original Seed by Persistent Sound.

^ thank you so much, downloading it now! Had no idea about all those boots posted on atforumz, gonna do some more digging and see if other links are still active too.

I'm trying to find at least one great boot from each era, but there are so many shows it's so hard to choose. Not a bad problem to have though.

ETA: just came across this boot from 2009 on atforumz which i know many of you already have, but for those who don't, here's her 2009 performance from Camp Bestival. she played a very similar setlist to the 2007/2008 shows but also played "Let England Shake" and "Last Living Rose" - the sound quality is excellent.

25th JULY 2009 - Camp Bestival in Lulworth Castle, UK (Solo concert)

To Bring You My Love
    Send His Love To Me
    The Devil
    White Chalk
    The Last Living Rose
    Dress
    Angelene
    My Beautiful Leah
    Nina In Ecstasy
    Electric Light
    Shame
    Snake
    Big Exit
    Down By The Water
    Grow Grow Grow
    The Mountain
    Silence
    ------------
    Let England Shake
    C'mon Billy
    The Desperate Kingdom Of Love
    here it is in mp3 format: http://www.mediafire.com/?rq95bl2xlxljkd0
    Last edited by MikeEP; 01-27-2011 at 03:04 PM.

This may be a dumb question but do HQ versions of Send His Love To Me and Down By The Water from Glastonbury 1995 exist? The copy of the show that I have is marvelous less those two tracks.

^ i have the same issue with those tracks too.

i'm wondering if anyone has the Black Session audio or could recommend another high quality boot from 1998?

I don't know if this isn't ok with the mods, but The Garden's media index has listings for boatloads of live and unofficial material, that's where I got the link I posted above. Official material is banned and PJ's management knows all about the site there's no problems as far as they're concerned.

And, I probably have most of everything else, but I'll have to get a little time to check.

ETA: nevermind, it worked! thanks for the tip Rum 509!
    Last edited by MikeEP; 01-27-2011 at 11:24 PM.

The 1998 tour. JOY!

The November 30th Columbiahalle in Berlin must be pretty good, since people have repaired and upgraded it about FOUR TIMES. The last one was done in 2009, I'll check it out. Do you have that yet?

Joy from MTV 1998, crank it WAY up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnpbRDPPZIE

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    ^ i have the same issue with those tracks too.

i'm wondering if anyone has the Black Session audio or could recommend another high quality boot from 1998?
    Vattenfestivalen (Stockholm Water Festival) is my favorite '98 bootleg. It's a radio broadcast with perfect quality, and there's two versions - one incomplete with radio DJ in between songs, and the other one complete with no interruptions.

Avalon Ballroom (Boston) is also good, it's a radio broadcast but it sounds like they used an audience mic because there's a lot of crowd noise. That one has one of my favorite sets.

I forget which bootleg has No Girl So Sweet, but that one is pretty great quality as well.

Columbiahalle has No Girl So Sweet, but there are probably others.

ETA: It's also an FM broadcast, quality is excellent, the vocals are right up front. Not my favorite version of Joy. There are some gaps between songs, but the segue between Hook and Meet Ze Monsta is amazing.

^ if that's a soundboard boot, then that's the one I'm thinking of.

I can't believe how many complete or almost-complete soundboard recordings there are of PJ's shows. I think there are like 10 or 12 radio bootlegs EACH from Stories and Uh Huh Her eras, and at least 8 for Is This Desire. Unfortunately, there are none for White Chalk and AWAMWB and only one for To Bring You My Love.

^ The notes don't specify that it is a soundboard, but judging from the mix and where the audience is in it, I'd say that it is.

Someday, SOMEday, I'll make a list of the boots with notes on sources etc. It's a big job.

I could probably help you, I have a pretty big collection. I haven't even listened to everything I have, but they're mostly from torrents so the source info is there.

I might take you up on that, I have at least one list going but nothing complete. I'll see what I have and drop you a PM.