Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: PJ Harvey miscellany thread

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

Just love this ethereal image.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I saw The Nest last night at the Young Vic, for which PJ wrote the score. The music was incidental and not really very memorable, but I do remember that it opened with a throbbing guitar track - something a bit menacing in the style of Hope Six - and at one point there was a piano refrain that reminded me a lot of the White Chalk era. That's all I remember really. Had I not known that PJ had written the music I wouldn't have noticed it at all (which is arguably a good thing for a play score, you don't want it to intrude or announce itself too much).

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I'm the last one awake from our crew tonight, I have a couple of nicely contradictory buzzes going on, my living room is dark except for some candles which give it a great atmosphere, and it's close but not yet midnight, so I thought I'd take advantage of the situation and choose one album to listen to front-to-back for the last time in 2016. I chose To Bring You My Love. One for the ages...

Caved in and bought a vinyl copy of Dry. I'm too impatient to wait for reissues

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    There was a reissue in the past few years, hopefully you did not get ripped off.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    There was a reissue in the past few years, hopefully you did not get ripped off.
    nothing official according to discogs, all bootlegs. I didn't pay too too much for it either.

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    oh my, then it was a pirate, my PJ knowledge is faltering. It was all over the place; I don't have it, but remember seeing it lots of times.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    "The Wind" was used during a scene and over the closing credits of the first episode of the new HBO miniseries Big Little Lies (which includes Laura Dern, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgard, and Adam Scott).

Polly attending the premiere of The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia? directed by Ian Rickson. She composed an original score for the play (her fifth theatre score, if I'm correct).