Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PJ Harvey miscellany thread

Interesting, thank you!

Came across this at www.pollyharvey.co.uk

The tribute album to Ian Stewart produced by Ben Waters is out now and includes Polly's vocal and saxaphone contributions to 'Lonely Avenue' - a lovely track! All proceeds from the album go to the British Heart Foundation so do buy a copy! More details on the Guest page and the Lyrics are now posted too.

I just got Uh Huh Her on vinyl on eBay for 68 (well, 71.50 after postage). Very, very happy.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    Lonely Avenue is excellent. Nice to get something a little more lighthearted from PJ during the otherwise solemn LES era.

A little quote from a recent interview with Marianne Faithfull. They worked together on Marianne's Before The Poison.

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
    Right now, PJ Harvey.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...full-interview
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

I do love the woman and her music but at times she comes across as a little too self-important:

http://www.musicrooms.net/alternativ...c-is-dull.html

That being said, it goes hand in hand with her music and I wouldn't change a thing about her.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    ^ I know what you're saying, but I also see where P J is coming from. It is not very easy to find music that blows you away. Most music tends to be pretty boring (Adele, looking at you).

I also know what you mean, but she did say that it's her opinion only, and that others might feel differently. And she didn't say that her music by contrast is original and exciting, just that most modern music doesn't excite her. When I am looking for new music to listen to (new to me) I spend as much, or more time looking into older artists as I do new or current acts. I also think it gets harder to find new music that interests you as you get older, because you realise that so much has already been done.

Does anyone else think she's had work done on her face? It looks different now.

^that's just pandora's box... just finished reading page after page about tori's face...

I for one don't think she's had work done, but that the difference may be attributed to a change of makeup??? I really have no idea.
    Von Herzen möge es wieder zu Herzen gehn'

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy river View Post
    Seriously?? No.

No.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy river View Post
    Different now vs when? 20 years ago? 10 years ago? That's called getting older.

To answer your question: A very emphatic NO.

She seems to have MUCH more of an accent these days... Has she been hanging out with Madonna?

I miss these days. :'(