Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Janelle Monae

^OMG!!! I'M SO EXCITED NOW. Glad you had a great time.

We'll see how brave you are. Bluebell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    It was a fucking transcendent experience.
    This was my second time seeing her and it is an honor to be in her presence. She is so full of passion and vitality and she truly brings it.
    What a great way to kickoff Portland's Pride weekend. So many of the beautiful gays in the audience. And she worked it.
    She did literally every song from Dirty Computer (except Dirty Computer the song was a recording and it opens the show) plus Q.U.E.E.N, Electric Lady, Yoga, Cold War and Tightrope.
    She gave several small speeches, all about love and living authentically.
    Backup dancers were fabulous, wardrobe, fabulous.
    So good. So fucking good.
    Totally agree. I saw her in Vancouver on the anniversary of the Pulse massacre and it was so healing and perfect. I smiled through the whole thing and literally teared up from happiness multiple times. One of the best shows I've ever been to.
    Last edited by Bluebell; 06-15-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Dirty Computer is getting a limited first-run printing on pink vinyl through Urban Outfitters:

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...ttes&color=066

I just ordered mine and received an order confirmation; the order confirmation mentioned that it's on backorder and will ship after 8/17. If you're interested you might want to place an order sooner rather than later ...

It's sold out I snagged mine before then thankfully. Usually it says backordered for all pre-orders, so no concerns there.

Janelle Monáe was AMAZING!! She definitely brought the good stuff to the Greek.

She brought the vocals, she brought the inspiration, and, fuck, she brought the DANCE moves.. At certain times I felt she was channeling both Michael AND Janet Jackson. Her hair was very Rhythm Nation 1814.

Though the set was heavy on Dirty Computer my favorite moments were when she played earlier work. "Cold War" and "Tightrope" were TRANSCENDANT and reminded me of what I loved about her work in the first place. Q.U.E.E.N. was another highlight.

On a more serious note, one of the themes of the night were love and tolerance for both ourselves and one another. She brought a major love vibe to the proceedings that easily translated. She'z truly a star of the times and is even underrated, imo.

"Baby, whether you're high or low-Baby, whether you're high or low..just tip on the tightrope (tip on it)!"

Last edited by dAmION; 06-30-2018 at 01:49 AM.