Page 131 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2107

Thread: George Martin's Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    There's a rumor that a certain famous actress has joined the cast for a couple episodes next season. I have no idea what role they'll put her in but that would be awesome.

Bring also

and I'd die

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    New trailer is out, and July cannot come soon enough:

How did everyone feel about the premiere? I loved Arya kicking ass in the first five minutes. Overall I'm excited about this season but I could have done without the Ed Sheeran cameo?

Loved every second! All the different characters and plot threads are starting to draw together, which makes the viewing experience extra intense. I don't think I breathed through the whole episode even though nothing truly earth-shattering happened.

Also, I wouldn't have known that was Ed Sheeran if someone hadn't told me, so I didn't really care about that.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How did everyone feel about the premiere? I loved Arya kicking ass in the first five minutes. Overall I'm excited about this season but I could have done without the Ed Sheeran cameo?
    I really liked the first episode - I didn't expected very much as I wasn't very fond of the last seasons.
    Ed Sheeran was a bit too much, though :-)
    I enjoyed Sansas opposition to Jon and the final scenes with Dany in particular.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    It was a great first episode! Usually theyre not near this exciting out of the gate.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Arya should have killed that ginger potato cunt. Preferably in real life too.

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    That was a stupid cameo, and also in case anyone didn't see him the first time let us zoom into his face from a different angle.

I liked the pace, I hope for more action next week, and The Hound had the best lines..."It's my fucking luck I end up with a band of fire worshipers".

I was pretty unimpressed by the first episode, but then again, I find most of the first episodes of the later seasons a chore to get through. It's basically recapping and reintroducing the characters in a slightly hamfisted way. I hated Ed Sheeran's cameo and I hated the sequences with Sam cleaning bed-pans and whatnot. Just cut to the chase, we get it. It's actually pretty ironic that such a drag of an episode ended with the line "Shall we begin?". Yes.

Some people are claiming S7E1 was "too slow" and it lacked action. I loved it. I've spent 60+ hours with these characters on screen (not to mention the books) so I enjoyed the character moments (especially dat cold open) and seeing all the game pieces getting set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Arya should have killed that ginger potato cunt. Preferably in real life too.
    Gawdamn! It's stuff like that can drive a person to quit social media. In fact, there's so much unbridled Sheeran hate here that I may have to report this thread to Anita Sarkeesian. Wait, does she only watchdog female cyber bullying? Who do you report it to when guys are the targets?

Anyway, despite my dislike of Sheeran's "Shape of You" infecting my brain, I actually liked him in the show. Man can sing. I really liked the whole scene Sheeran was in and how it was a real character learning moment to help humanize "the enemy" for Vengeance Robot Arya 3000.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I'm so not in touch with pop music right now I didn't even know he had haterz. I guess everyone does.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

I liked it. It was a typical first episode, where they set the stage. Cersei even gave the viewers a short recap of the enemy situation...
    But there were some great kick ass moments!
    That zombie-giant? Awesome.
    Sansa dismissing Littlefinger? Oh snap!
    Arya's revenge? Rock on girl.
    Dany's landing on the beach? So many great shots.

And I don't see the issue with Sheeran's cameo. It was innocent and not even that bad...
    post28!

agree with all this ^

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I thought the sequence of Sam cleaning the bed pans was completely out of character for the show and sort of strange.

I also hated the Ed Sheeran appearance, which totally took me out of it, probably because I actively dislike the artist IRL. As soon as I heard the singing, I knew who it was and then they had to zoom in on his face to make sure we knew who it was. No thanks.

I mean, if there's any way to completely remove a viewer from Westeros and the story line in general, it's throwing in a current, international pop star and having him sing.
    Last edited by Bryan Alan; 07-20-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

I don't get the hate for the Sam drudgery sequence. I actually really appreciated the fact that they made a point of saying, "Hey, just because he showed up doesn't mean he's automatically going to be inducted into the Seekrit Speshul Upper Ranks and fawned over by the powerful maesters." This was further underscored by his interaction with Grand Maester Jim Broadbent and the the Grand Maester's attitude about the question of the white walkers.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased