Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2097

Thread: George Martin's Game of Thrones

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    I think it was always Arya. Walder Frey didn't recognize "her" face.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob's room View Post
    She did.

She is also a complex, fictional (key word here) character whom I think is wonderfully fleshed out in the books and wonderfully played by Lena Headey in the show. You're asking as if I were the first person to ever love a fictional villain.
    Oh, I take nothing away from Lena Headey. Her acting is incredible. I guess it goes back to the books.. but it also goes back to when she demanded Sansa's direwolf be killed. It started from there. Then I was team Margaery and really hoped she would be Cersei's undoing. So when Margaery is frantically trying to leave the Sept and the faith blocked her. Just pissed me off even more.

And I thought Cersei said no to using the throne room as a place for the King's wake. It was the only option they had after she blew up the place it was traditionally done.
    If Lena said Cersei doesn't anticipate his suicide.. I guess it's gospel, then, isn't it? I'd like to know George RR Martin's take. Anyone have a link to that? He is usually very chatty about the episodes.
    Last edited by Volta; 07-01-2016 at 11:19 PM.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by PoorMatty View Post
    I think it was always Arya. Walder Frey didn't recognize "her" face.
    And she was baking his sons into a pie in whatever face. That was pretty BOSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    And I thought Cersei said no to using the throne room as a place for the King's wake. It was the only option they had after she blew up the place it was traditionally done.
    No, Qyburn suggest that they should bury him at Casterly Rock, the Lannister ancestral home. My take on that scene was that Cersei wants him to be with the rest of the family, who were all buried in the Sept of Baelor. Since it doesn't exist anymore, she wants him cremated and his ashes spread among the ruins. A wake might not be happening since the way they shot the scene suggest that his body was severely damaged from the fall. Anyway, I doubt we're going to see it since there was most likely a time jump to Cersei's coronation and a body doesn't really keep long in a warm climate like that of King's Landing.

There's a rumor that a certain famous actress has joined the cast for a couple episodes next season. I have no idea what role they'll put her in but that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    There's a rumor that a certain famous actress has joined the cast for a couple episodes next season. I have no idea what role they'll put her in but that would be awesome.

Bring also

and I'd die

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    New trailer is out, and July cannot come soon enough:

How did everyone feel about the premiere? I loved Arya kicking ass in the first five minutes. Overall I'm excited about this season but I could have done without the Ed Sheeran cameo?

Loved every second! All the different characters and plot threads are starting to draw together, which makes the viewing experience extra intense. I don't think I breathed through the whole episode even though nothing truly earth-shattering happened.

Also, I wouldn't have known that was Ed Sheeran if someone hadn't told me, so I didn't really care about that.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How did everyone feel about the premiere? I loved Arya kicking ass in the first five minutes. Overall I'm excited about this season but I could have done without the Ed Sheeran cameo?
    I really liked the first episode - I didn't expected very much as I wasn't very fond of the last seasons.
    Ed Sheeran was a bit too much, though :-)
    I enjoyed Sansas opposition to Jon and the final scenes with Dany in particular.

It was a great first episode! Usually theyre not near this exciting out of the gate.

Arya should have killed that ginger potato cunt. Preferably in real life too.

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    That was a stupid cameo, and also in case anyone didn't see him the first time let us zoom into his face from a different angle.

I liked the pace, I hope for more action next week, and The Hound had the best lines..."It's my fucking luck I end up with a band of fire worshipers".

I was pretty unimpressed by the first episode, but then again, I find most of the first episodes of the later seasons a chore to get through. It's basically recapping and reintroducing the characters in a slightly hamfisted way. I hated Ed Sheeran's cameo and I hated the sequences with Sam cleaning bed-pans and whatnot. Just cut to the chase, we get it. It's actually pretty ironic that such a drag of an episode ended with the line "Shall we begin?". Yes.

Some people are claiming S7E1 was "too slow" and it lacked action. I loved it. I've spent 60+ hours with these characters on screen (not to mention the books) so I enjoyed the character moments (especially dat cold open) and seeing all the game pieces getting set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Arya should have killed that ginger potato cunt. Preferably in real life too.
    Gawdamn! It's stuff like that can drive a person to quit social media. In fact, there's so much unbridled Sheeran hate here that I may have to report this thread to Anita Sarkeesian. Wait, does she only watchdog female cyber bullying? Who do you report it to when guys are the targets?

Anyway, despite my dislike of Sheeran's "Shape of You" infecting my brain, I actually liked him in the show. Man can sing. I really liked the whole scene Sheeran was in and how it was a real character learning moment to help humanize "the enemy" for Vengeance Robot Arya 3000.