Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2241

Thread: George Martin's Game of Thrones

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Forgive me if I’m wrong but Dany has been pretty ruthless in the past. I mean, didn’t she destroy an entire city before? I know she locked a bunch of Dorthraki in a building and burned them alive.
    She’s wiped out fleets in slavers bay. She’s nailed put the bodies of former masters up on tall spikes.

Should we be so shocked? She talked about creating a new foundation to build a society no longer repressed.

Martin has said that in the book spoiler spoiler spoiler that she decimates Kings Landing and other cities with one dragon.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-19-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

hoo
    Killing rapists and slavers is quite different from burning women and children. She killed the kind of people she always claimed to want to save. When one of her dragons burned a child, she was so devastated that she chained the dragons up and locked them away. Now she burns a whole city of children when she could have just headed straight for the castle to destroy it so Cersei, her actual enemy, would die.

Ugh

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    What the what? Sigh....
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Well, that’s that. Maybe twitter will shut the fuck up about him petting that wolf now.

hoo
    I've never seen another episode of any show before where it was so clear the writers had completely given up.

Sansa looked gorgeous. That's about all I've got.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    About the "Chosen One" and to quote the ep; I guess it was a good compromise because no one is very happy about it?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I like how Arya's storyline wraps. And I like that Jon Snow doesn't become king.

But like Bran as King? Meh. I have never once given a shit about that character, either because of the way he's written, or acted, or both.

I wonder what happened behind the scenes. Did the showrunners have a mental breakdown?
    The scenes at the new King's Council were full-on parody.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    HBO has always let me down on series finales.

Sopranos
    Sex and The City
    Girls
    Looking
    TrueBlood
    Six Feet Under
    All had crap finales

Big Little Lies ended well but what was limited is now getting a season 2 so I'm sure they'll feck that up, too. Night Of was pretty ok, I guess.

Back to GoTs. I look forward to the books, still. But this was not the ending I wanted at all. It was like.. it felt like any ending that would make the fans happy they were like.. we got to do the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-20-2019 at 05:04 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Say what?! I loved the finale of Girls, and Six Feet Under had like the best finale of any show ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Six Feet Under
    This is the first time I've ever heard someone trash the 6FU finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Six Feet Under
    what

So, they really decided that a soulless being incapable of compassion and empathy would make a good King, huh? Aided by a GRRM analogue, a ruthless opportunist and the show's most annoying character? I loved that Sansa and Arya finally got their happy endings, and that's about it. Also Kit Harington and his endless squinting can fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    So, they really decided that a soulless being incapable of compassion and empathy would make a good King, huh?
    My best friend loved it for this very reason, saying that the show is basically arguing that a good ruler is impossible to have and the best we can hope for is a technocrat.

I don't know how I feel about it still, but I don't think overall I hated it as much as others did.