Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 2,236 to 2,242 of 2242

Thread: George Martin's Game of Thrones

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    All I needed to see was Sansa’s smile. Goddamn, that was satisfying.

I’m about to watch the Season 6 finale. If all goes according to plan, I should finish by Thursday. 73 episodes in 22 days.

I gotta say that I see a lot of the ending being set up. I may not hate it.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Her smile is everything. She at first turns away and then decides to watch for a bit. I liked that too.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

In a Bugs Bunny cartoon that took place in medieval times, Bugs kept getting the best of Yosemite Sam and his dragon. Finally, with great frustration, Sam growls, “Dragons is so stupid.”’

I disagree.

When Drogon flew in after his mommy died, you would think his next move would be to light up Jon Snow like a Christmas tree. Instead, he turned the Iron Throne into a large paperweight. Why? Because he understood what had really killed the Mother of Dragons: the overwhelming desire to sit on that fucking thing. She had actually been doing some creepy shit for awhile. And let’s be honest; coming to a land where everyone hates your ass and then watching your two best friends die would be rough on the sanest of us. And Dany was already losing her shit. So her tragic fate made perfect sense to me.

It’s been noted that, while violent as fucking fuck, Game of Thrones is essentially anti-violence. I would agree. I would also argue that it looks rather askance at great ambition. What does ambition do? It makes you BURN YOUR DAUGHTER AT THE STAKE. None of the four Stark kids left standing (yeah, Bran, but you know what I mean) had any ambition to sit on the IT, and they all turned out fine. Even Arya, who danced on the dark side, came out OK. (When she said she was headed west of Westeros, there was something pretty fucking big in my eye.)

So, yeah. The chief culprit in the murder of Daenerys Targaryen, with a few complications, was that fucking pile of scrap metal. I bought that. And, while it was imperfect, I bought all the major plot developments in S8. More later, but first a couple of final thoughts.

1) If Emilia Clarke doesn’t win an Emmy, I’m gonna go King’s Landing on some bitches.
    2) a) It’s pretty ridiculous to say that a given person is the most beautiful in the world.
    b) That said, Emilia Clarke is the most beautiful woman in the world.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

sniff

nice! Cute to see

The thing is, Kit didn’t read the script beforehand, because he wanted to experience it with his castmates. So that was the very first moment he found out that Jon killed Dany. Emilia’s sad smile and nod to him gets me every time.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I just watched The Winds of Winter episode (season six finale) and I'm like.... how in the living hell could the creative team behind this masterpiece of television have also created the bad final season and wretched bad series finale? In retrospect, I think I took less of an issue with Daenery's evolution over the final season than many seemed to, but other aspects really irk me. Shots of King's Landing that clearly aren't the same King's Landing we've always seen before. The unbelievable formation of the new counsel (???) - the completely arbitrary winners of the now throne-less throne.... I remain completely incredulous. The goddamn Third Eye Raven (don't get me started, boring boring boring character). How he intimated that becoming King was his plan all along (huh?!) in that really awkward scene where he's making a joke or being a dick or something? By the end I pretty much had succumbed to a full hatred of the evolution of Tyrion over the last couple of seasons. His devotion to Daenerys became super unbelievable and he just generally became much less interesting and much less fun to watch. Did Jon Snow end up having any real significance in the show at all? Blah blah blah.... I think it sucks that the dropped the ball; the series deserved WAY better.