Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: George Martin's Game of Thrones

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar

HBO is placing GoT's-branded food carts around Los Angeles and New York City, inspired by the foods in Westeros' seven kingdoms.

Best of all, the menu was created by Tom Colicchio, the head judge of the Bravo TV cooking competition show, Top Chef (our favorite guilty pleasure).

According to the LA Times:

" From March 28 to April 1 in New York and April 4-8 in Los Angeles, the carts will offer roasted rabbit, spice roasted duck, venison, lemon cakes, and other delicacies sure to make you dust off ye olde breastplate and take to the streets. (Supplies are limited; to find truck locations and serving times, check out the Game of Thrones Facebook or Twitter pages.) "

In the first video below. Colicchio explains that he's created several menus, based on each kingdom. For example, the Riverlands has squab dish sweetened with sweet win and honey. And if you're as hungry as we are after that description, the chef says you can find the recipes at the Game of Thrones website.

The Good Book is missing some pages Maeve's Avatar
    ^ You can't say that HBO doesn't push a product.

Is it right, butterfly, they like you better framed and dried?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
    I read somewhere (now I can't remember where) a couple of days ago that they'll be showing the first 15 minutes of the pilot on April 3.
    Well, the first 14 minutes then.

I don't think I'll be able to wait. I think I'm watching it later...

I watched it live when it broadcast! I have no restraint. It looks really really good!

A couple friends who haven't read the books and who aren't normally genre nerds also checked it out. They were totally gushing the next day. EXCITING.

I caved too...and I'm so frakking excited! I loved this preview - very dark and intriguing, and I can see even my mother liking this (she loved Battlestar Galactica, and she doesn't like sci fi).

I think the storyline of the book, even if it's in a alternate medieval-ish universe, could totally like this. I don't find it to be a typical book in the fantasy genre.

My gf is going to visit the GoT food truck in LA right now. I'll txt her and see if she won't take pics!

(I feel 13)

^^That's awesome! I could go for some lemon cakes right now....

I drove down and met her because I'm a big dork. She had squab. SQUAB! I'm a vegetarian so I just lolled and had the corn fritter and lemon cake. (it was yummy)

food truck.jpg
    (note homeless man lending an authentic smell to the scene. They gave him free food. Yay.)

That squab dish sounds delicious. Now I'm hungry and craving lemon curd pie. I freaking love that.

I have no idea about the book(s) but I would like to check out the series. Are there creatures in the book that might be in the series?
    My face screams without an emotion

What do you mean, like monsters or something? There definitely is a supernatural element though it's kind of minimal compared to most fantasy. I expect the non-human creatures from the books will also be in the series.

You should watch!

Not really monsters but fantasy like creatures like LOTR. I'm going to give it a chance.
    My face screams without an emotion

The Good Book is missing some pages Maeve's Avatar
    The preview was way too short but I loved it.
    I can't wait for the first full episode.

Is it right, butterfly, they like you better framed and dried?

I am GUTTED that this is only on Sky Atlantic in the UK and Virgin haven't gotten their fingers out of their arses and paid for the bloody channel

Here's a fun article about a NYT review of Game of Thrones.

http://jezebel.com/#!5792290/in-game...fantasy-novels

I am of course, a fantasy hating woman as I should be. I have never read Harry Potter, nor Lord of the Rings... and I certainly didn't go through an Orson Scott Card phase when I was in high school. Nope. Oh and Doctor Who. Can't tell you how much I hate that one. </sarcasm>