Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tori Chatter

Random Tori Chatter

Obligatory new thread! chatter, chatter, CHATTER, chatter, chatter

Carry on!

I wonder how much Tori's output will change now that she's done with (creating) the musical? i always thought AATS and some of ADP sounded very musical-influenced and dramatic. What's next for her?

People said that Black Dove from the Artist's Den was kinda shitty. But I finally got around to listening to it today and really loved it. I love my Tori - she rocks!

trapped between the worlds now Veronica's Avatar
    The buses all have advertisements for Pandora's (a jewelry shop or something) and seeing them makes me happy! The first time I ever saw one of those advertisements was last August on my way to T's show in Detroit, and I just knew she would play Pandora's... it was amazing.
    "When the muse stalks me, I start hunting her." - TA

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Bitch View Post
    I wonder how much Tori's output will change now that she's done with (creating) the musical? i always thought AATS and some of ADP sounded very musical-influenced and dramatic. What's next for her?
    I think her output is going to change once the musical is finished as well. I've had the feeling that she might be saving up her best stuff for the musical because she's investing so much more time (and possibly money) into it than she has with her last few records, and the greatness of Winter's Carol only solidified that feeling. That's not to say the last few records haven't been good either, but there wouldn't be another project to use up some of her strong ideas.

I think the next album may also be influenced by the fact that she's doing solo touring again, both at the end of last year and this summer, since we know she writes a lot on the road. Tori's been writing with the band in mind for the last few albums (except Midwinter Graces) but maybe that'll change since she's playing solo. That we got ADP after the last solo tour may seem to belie that idea, but it seemed like Tori wasn't really enjoying touring by herself then (and she made a few comments about enjoying playing with the band much more at that time) so that and missing the guys (as well as wanting to pay tribute to her brother who loved rock music) may have influenced her to do something more band-focused.

Quote Originally Posted by headlikeahole View Post
    I think her output is going to change once the musical is finished as well. I've had the feeling that she might be saving up her best stuff for the musical because she's investing so much more time (and possibly money) into it than she has with her last few records, and the greatness of Winter's Carol only solidified that feeling. That's not to say the last few records haven't been good either, but there wouldn't be another project to use up some of her strong ideas.

I think the next album may also be influenced by the fact that she's doing solo touring again, both at the end of last year and this summer, since we know she writes a lot on the road. Tori's been writing with the band in mind for the last few albums (except Midwinter Graces) but maybe that'll change since she's playing solo. That we got ADP after the last solo tour may seem to belie that idea, but it seemed like Tori wasn't really enjoying touring by herself then (and she made a few comments about enjoying playing with the band much more at that time) so that and missing the guys (as well as wanting to pay tribute to her brother who loved rock music) may have influenced her to do something more band-focused.
    I also remember her saying something about needing to get composing with the band out of her system, and I think it was the same interview where she said that she would do another piano album in the future but I'm not sure.

^Do you know where i can find that interview?

I wonder if she has a room for all her wigs and place them according to their personality, like Pip wigs are near to Clyde wigs because they are sisters, Isabel wigs are on the corner "documenting" and her Dranouter wig is right next to Santas's wigs near the wine cellar(?)

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I have to be honest and say that the wigs fascinate me. Like, when does she put it on? How? Is it taped or what? How do they store them on tour? Any products used on them? Doesn't it get hot in there? How does she make sure it doesn't fly off when she does her passionate head movements? Does she want us to think it's her real hair or does she not care we know it's a wig? Do all the crew know? Tash? Any wig in-jokes?

I think you can gather I am wig obsessed. And I don't know why.

I think you should go wig shopping and find out the answers to all these questions yourself, menju. And provide us with photos

I second this notion.

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    I have to be honest and say that the wigs fascinate me. Like, when does she put it on? How? Is it taped or what? How do they store them on tour? Any products used on them? Doesn't it get hot in there? How does she make sure it doesn't fly off when she does her passionate head movements? Does she want us to think it's her real hair or does she not care we know it's a wig? Do all the crew know? Tash? Any wig in-jokes?

I think you can gather I am wig obsessed. And I don't know why.
    The thing about when she puts them on is interesting, because on the ADP tour she did at least some M&Gs with the wig and others without. In 2009, I think she was mostly wigless until the shows.

I would like to know how she keeps it on her head when she whips her hair around, I keep waiting for it to fly off one day and for Tori to have to run and get it back from the audience.

In Birmingham during Strong Black Vine last year Tori got her wig caught in her wires and for a second I wondered if the wig was coming off!

Quote Originally Posted by lexa View Post
    I think you should go wig shopping and find out the answers to all these questions yourself, menju. And provide us with photos
    it's certainly an idea!

Always rocks the Cheeto harder. ChasingTornados's Avatar
    <--- Mrs C(heeto) here is quite hot when it's on.. It's a little more synthetic than the ADP wigs I would think, but at least the ADP wigs should be equally hot to wear, especially during performance. All those lights.. I couldn't even wear mine in the afternoon during queensday cause it was unbearable after a little while.

I'll bring the Cheeto with me on tour this year so you can borrow it if you want Menju, to try it on for size
    Last edited by ChasingTornados; 06-16-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Mike View Post
    In Birmingham during Strong Black Vine last year Tori got her wig caught in her wires and for a second I wondered if the wig was coming off!
    And also her top came undone. Double disaster! She stopped for supposedly technical reasons, that she couldn't hear, but I don't think that was true. When the sound person came on and fiddled with her wires (pardon the expression), she was quick to sort her top out. She recovered very well though, like a pro