Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: radioheadthread

Yeah, seriously. Were you not born then? Everyone went bonkers over OK Computer.

It's amazing that RS gave OK Computer 4 out of 5 stars. That album is just as complex and important as any Mozart, Chopin, you name it. I'm listening to it right now with headphones ( for the one millionth time) after having not listened to it in probably two years. It still boggles my mind and I've heard countless things already ( and I'm only on track three currently) that I've never heard until now. The intertwining of the melodies, the MELODIES!, they are endless. It's like each song has ten different riffs going on all at once to create this orgasmic monster melody. The harmonics on this album and attention to detail seems almost impossible for humans to achieve. I know this is gushing of the most serious kind, but damn it's a fucking masterpiece.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Quote Originally Posted by Volto View Post
    Ok Computer was so ahead of its time. 1997. I bet it's reception then was kinda like.. "Um ok." But all if it applies to 2011.

Yes, I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by electrickidz View Post
    but damn it's a fucking masterpiece.
    Still, Kid A is even better (woohoo)
    post28!

^ what a brilliant band, eh?

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by electrickidz View Post
    It's amazing that RS gave OK Computer 4 out of 5 stars. That album is just as complex and important as any Mozart, Chopin, you name it. I'm listening to it right now with headphones ( for the one millionth time) after having not listened to it in probably two years. It still boggles my mind and I've heard countless things already ( and I'm only on track three currently) that I've never heard until now. The intertwining of the melodies, the MELODIES!, they are endless. It's like each song has ten different riffs going on all at once to create this orgasmic monster melody. The harmonics on this album and attention to detail seems almost impossible for humans to achieve. I know this is gushing of the most serious kind, but damn it's a fucking masterpiece.

i could NOT agree more, adam. my love for OK Computer is completely in line with what you said. that album blows my fucking mind every time, in all the ways you described.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Quality's definitely better than quantity any day of the week (don't tell Tori Amos that though)..
    Fucking PLEASE tell Tori Amos that. Brainwash her with that thought. Waterboard her until she agrees to put ten songs on her next album (and none of them over four minutes). I mean, honestly.

But yeah. This is swell news and I've already ordered my copy. Between this and the Peej, it seems like a great season for elitist music!

OK Computer was my favorite album for a long ass time, but then the band RADIOHEAD kept trumping each album beginning with Amnesiac up until now. I love Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows so much. Such beautifully moving pieces of work!

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I am going to pretend that this surprise announcement happened on Valentine's Day because Thom Yorke was trying to tell us all that he loves us.

I just read this on wikipedia:
    "The name of the album possibly refers to an oak tree in Wiltshire's Savernake Forest, thought to be 1,000 years old.[4] The tree is a pollarded oak, referring to an ancient technique for harvesting timber for fencing and firewood. Though it does not feature on maps, the tree is said to be 3 miles (4.8 km) from Tottenham Court House, where Radiohead recorded part of their previous album In Rainbows."
    post28!

It seems to me that the beginning of every decade always has such amazing music. This year could be another 1992 for me.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I'm wigging out that this album's acronym is the same as Kings of Leon. Ugh.

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar

The album is now available for download at DAS.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I like Lotus Flower - thanks for posting

I came here just to post that
    I like it, the percussion is fantastic and reminds me of Kid A although a lot warmer.
    Also, I expect many Thom-in-a-hat-dancing gifs!
    post28!