1) Bloom
    2) Morning Mr Magpie
    3) Little By Little
    4) Feral
    5) Lotus Flower
    6) Codex
    7) Give Up The Ghost
    8) Separator

I'm on second listen now, good stuff, but my initial reaction is that the masterpiece streak that started with OKC is over.

But my initial reaction to Kid A was negative, and boy did that grow on me, so hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm on my first listen. My first thought is that it reminds me of The Eraser.

Yeah this has an Eraser / Amnesiac b-sides feel to it. Except that those songs got into the deepest areas of my hear right away, lol.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Had a listen on the drive to work this morning. Really enjoying it! it is going to take some repeated listening to sink in. My favorite track right now is: Codex. I wasn't really paying too much attention to the lyrics, but the music hit me hard. I was sitting in my car at the gas station holding back tears. Mostly because my emotional state is really fragile today. I have a memorial service to attend later in the day for a friend who recently passed. But in that moment in my car, I really connected with that song and how I'm feeling about the day.

Codex is the stand out for me right now too.

ETA:

Codex Lyrics Radiohead-

Slight of hand

Jump off the end

Into a clear lake

No one around

Just dragonflies

Flying to the side

No one gets hurt

You’ve done nothing wrong

Slide your hand

Jump off the end

The water’s clear

And innocent

The water’s clear

And innocent
    Last edited by Barbarella; 02-18-2011 at 02:49 PM.

here's the opening track btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9bMTh9rdQ

On my first listen. Barb, you're absolutely right about how it reminds you of The Eraser!
    I think it's the trippy and 'clicky' drumloops, the stop stutter of the instruments...

Right now, I'm not too sure what to make of it, though. Sometimes it sounds more like typical Radiohead exercises in sound than actual songs, like they're sketches for The Eraser.

But this is just afer 1 listening session, don't quote me on this if I start gushing about it in a few weeks time
    post28!

this just took me by surprise. I like how it just comes out just like that and with no annoying hype months in advance. "oh hai we has noo record outz" I was like "Sweet!"

I got to download it early too.
    Last edited by pan; 02-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    this just took me by surprise. I like how it just comes out just like that and with no annoying hype months in advance. "oh hai we has noo record outz" I was like "Sweet!"

I got to download it early too.
    I know. I feel like this really helps the music listening experience. You don't have impossible expectations.

I thought I paid for the new Radiohead album on their website, but when I went to download it, it wasn't there, and I didn't get an email. Ugh!

I did get to watch the Lotus Flower video before I left for work this morning, and I enjoyed watching Thom dancing all over the place. The song was great too!

If you paid for it, you had to make a password; use it here: http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/OrderTracking/

Yeah I tried that and it says I had no valid orders, so I guess my credit card information did not process correctly.