Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: The All-Inclusive Beyonce Thread

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Self-titled > Lemonade by a teense.

Only thing I don't like about s/t is the way that Partition is actually Yoncé/Partition and Flawless is actually Bow Down/Flawless, and there are individual versions of all 4 songs. TOO MANY VERSIONS and those songs don't even need to be grouped together like that, they aren't similar. Ghost/Haunted is the only one that works.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Oh, have we ranked the albums?
    I think for me my favorite album Beyonce's ever been involved with is 1999's "The Writing's on the Wall" by Destiny's Child. :ahem:

I don't know if we've ranked the solo albums on here. I'd hate to contradict myself but it doesn't matter if I do because I love all her albums. Dangerously in Love, even, has some boss-ass songs.
    When the self-titled album came out I lost my shit a whole lot more.. she broke the internet. And every video I watched on Itunes was better or as good as the one before.
    But Lemonade did something totally different for me. Like a boardmate said.. it might take some time to come down from Lemonade to decide where it ranks.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    My ranking of solo albums would be:

#1 equal - Lemonade & Beyoncé (need time to make a judgment btwn these two)
    #2 - 4
    #3 - Dangerously in Love (sentimental fave)
    #4 - B'Day
    #5 - I Am ... Sasha Fierce (despite having Diva which is one of my very fave Bey songs)

There are a couple I should probably re-listen to to confirm these ranking though

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    B'Day
    Sasha Fierce/Beyoncé
    Lemonade/Dangerously

Maybe! 4's production is legendary

My ONLY problem with Lemonade the film is that the chapter titles are all written in white! Most of the time I can barely read them because they bleed into the sky or something and don't stand out. That bugs the hell out of me. Why not just make those titles black so they could be seen?
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I think B'Day had a video for every song. It was an expensive package but you could buy the CD and the DVD with all the videos.. so she's been doing that kind of stuff for a very long time. The fact the last two albums have had a visual piece for each isn't original in that regard. The way the production value and I guess content has increased in quality is original, tho.

The reason I mentioned The Writing's on the Wall is because that album was just full of greatness. There were so many songs that weren't singles .. I hope that anyone who wasn't into Destiny's Child back then would listen to the record, now.

There were a great many R&B Divas at the end of the '90s doing their thing. I was a hardcore Aaliyah fan. I think Aaliyah was really about to explode in pop culture as an overall entertainer. Acting and Music. But she died in the plane crash. Had that not happened I always ask myself if she would have been at the status Beyonce is right now. I'd like to think so.

I still can't rank the solo albums. I love that Beyonce was always so quick to collaborate with the hottest act of the day. The song's with Shakira and Lady Gaga for example. I don't know if the song she did with Sugarland/Jennifer Nettles was ever recorded or if it was just something they did at that awards show only.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-14-2016 at 11:30 PM.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Finally watched the Lemonade film. Immediate first impression: it really does add to the music experience, it's compelling, provocative and powerful. And gorgeously designed and shot. What an achievement.

What did it cost, like a billion dollars to make? I can't even imagine.

I am so impressed by Beyonce and everything that she can do. She really killed it with this album. For me it's still the best album of the year.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

In a library chock full of amazing music moments, I must say "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I IS?!!!!!!" of "Don't Hurt Yourself" notoriety stands out as a really great one. It's so powerful and energizing.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    In a library chock full of amazing music moments, I must say "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I IS?!!!!!!" of "Don't Hurt Yourself" notoriety stands out as a really great one. It's so powerful and energizing.
    Don't forget TONIGHT I'M FUCKIN UP ALL YOUR SHIT, BOY!

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    The whole thing is great, but I'm partial to "Just give my fat ass a big kiss, boy!"

I'd be down for a whole album with this sound. She and Jack White sounded really natural together.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    "Don't Hurt Yourself" was the on-hold music for Barnes and Noble and it confused the dickens out of my mom today.

^^ Haha, that is hysterical!

Don't worry Kari, one does NOT forget the FUKCING UP ALL YOUT SHIT BOY line either! I love that whole verse!

Totally agree emanate -- Jack White & Beyonce make a great pair.