Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Beyonce Thread

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar

The All-Inclusive Beyonce Thread

Love or hate her, there's no denying that Beyonce Knowles is one of the greatest vocalists of our time. With the booty shaking abilities a la Tina Turner, Diana Ross' stage presence, and Aretha's voice, she's a tour de force that's continuing to stretch her abilities.

Just listen to these, please. Thankx.

2:32

Thoughts?

I love Beyonce. Sasha Fierce is by far my favorite album of hers, but I'm glad you put Resentment in here. It's one of her more forgotten songs that blows me away every time I listen to it.

I like her singles. Well, I like them for the first month or so and then I go crazy because they are always so overplayed. BUT I am excited about her new record coming up. She's working with some interesting people like Diplo and Sleigh Bells. It could be pretty cool.

First single, "Girls," leaked! I think it needs to grow on me. It sounds ok on first listen, but nothing amazing.

Heard it's a demo.... but we'll see. Sounds pretty fleshed out to me. The video will make it better, but it's kinda tuneless?

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    i like this single a lot...i love that she's doing something different than everything on mainstream radio right now. not that she's ever really followed the pack.

I was expected something slightly different (it's not as big a jump for her as I thought it would be, considering the long list of supposed collaborators such as Sleigh Bells and Diplo), but I do like it. She's apparently really influenced by traditional African music for this album, so I'm expecting a lot of amazing percussion.

First photo shoot for the new "era":

More here: http://www.beyonceworld.net/photos/t....php?album=205

Between B and GaGa, I'm expecting to dance my ass off this year.
    Last edited by emptytuileries; 04-19-2011 at 12:13 AM.

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    The song is pretty sickening! Such a different sound for B, & it works surprisingly well. I can't decide if it's vaguely unpleasant to see her in blackface or a fabulous commentary on all the debates swirling around the media's 'lightening' of her skin and image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shart O'Nay View Post
    The song is pretty sickening! Such a different sound for B, & it works surprisingly well. I can't decide if it's vaguely unpleasant to see her in blackface or a fabulous commentary on all the debates swirling around the media's 'lightening' of her skin and image.
    I like it more and more after every listen. I think Beyonce in blackface is pretty... fabulous. I think she's oftentimes seen as the "white man's black girl," so it's amazing she's embracing/could be embracing this whole African/slightly Grace Jones-esque "black girl power" in terms of the looks above and hopefully the album.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    She looks like Tyra Banks in that first picture. Not sure how I feel about the song. It sounds like a mess - all over the place - at the moment.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    This song is hot. If this is the demo it needs no more work, imo. Compare this to the other new song I've heard "Judas" it just blows it out of the water. "Girls" - The tempo changes, that wonderful, rich, full of life vocal that can go everywhere.. thin, deep, tangible like you could wrap it around you like a blanket. It just makes you feel good. Get rid of Lil Jon quacking all over it, then it is a hit.
    "Judas" is just so stark and lifeless in comparison.. "Girls" is refreshing and brings something different musically, something unexpected. All these dance songs I am hearing from POP gals are so infectious and young, fresh and new with the exception of Gaga.
    One thing I don't like with both Judas and Girls is the repeating, repeating, repeating.. but I understand it serves its purpose to repeat a line or word over and over again in dance tracks.
    The Blackface is an interesting move by her. It is much more evocative when you consider the people who claim she keeps getting lighter, than Gaga turning into a motorbike.
    Ok, clearly I am ranting against Gaga. I stop. But These are both new, super new songs by super big stars and I just went there. At least it wasn't the obvious Beyonce vs. Rhianna that is constant on the web like a places like bossip.com
    Last edited by Volta; 04-19-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

In case anyone hasn't seen it. More Grace Jones-esque deliciousness.

>>>>>>>> Beyonce

We all know "Girls" has leaked. It's available on iTunes tomorrow, 4/21. Just hope it's a little more finished.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    such a great song:

It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.