Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Ooh! It looked very... Ankh-Morporky. Right then, Nation I loved, so hopes remain high.

Pratchett does Dickens..?
    Sounds good to me!
    post28!

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    I'm done with Snuff. It was okay. You're right, Wout, something feels missing... (When he directed fans to the polysemy of snuff, I thought a major character'd be killed off!)

"Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

So far, I'm really enjoying the long earth! The concept is fantastic and I'm curious to see where it goes.

(also, Lobsang... Thief of time... Coincidence? Can't be, right?)
    post28!

Right, finished the Long Earth. I really liked it except:

post28!

Haven't read Long Earth, but got me this:

This seems a logical progression from/to the development of the Ankh-Morpork boardgame.
    Last edited by Canoodlefish; 01-07-2013 at 09:12 AM.

OMG sequel to Ankh-Morpork! They're supposed to be a game trilogy of sorts. What's the last game I wonder. Wizards? Susan? Small Gods? Assassins?!?!

Treefrog is proud to announce that September 2013 will see the release of The Witches, the second Treefrog Discworld game, based on the novels of Sir Terry Pratchett. It follows on from the success of Ankh-Morpork. With over 50,000 copies sold worldwide Ankh-Morpork continues to delight gamers and fantasy fans alike and continues to sell strongly in its third year of release.

The Witches is set in the magically charged land of Lancre. Players take on the role of trainee witches, such as Tiffany Aching and Petulia Gristle, learning their craft and dealing with all the problems that life on Discworld can throw at them. A subtle blend of headology, magic and, of course, the all-important cup of tea will see our heroines tackle everything from a sick pig to a full-blown invasion of elves.

Life can be tough for a young witch in Lancre, fear not however, a cast of some of Terry Pratchett’s most famous characters will be on hand to aid your quest. Along the way you’ll meet Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg and Magrat Garlick, along with a rich supporting cast of familiar faces from some Pratchett’s bestselling Discworld series. When things get really tough and you feel you are turning ‘Black Aliss’ you can always have a cup of tea with one of your fellow witches. The game can be played with up to four players, and can even be played solitaire.

The Witches is more of a gentle family friendly game, well, as friendly as you can get with Nac Mac Feegles hanging around, rather than the back-stabbing experience that is Ankh-Morpork, and can be played co operatively if players so wish. Once again Sir Terry Pratchett and the folks at the Discworld Emporium have made sure that each character is faithfully represented, with all of the artwork being produced by Peter Dennis.
    Last edited by Canoodlefish; 02-04-2013 at 07:58 AM.

You know, after the rather weak last few novels, I'm not really looking forward to this one...

I know and understand that sir Pratchett is trying to get as much accomplished as he can before his disease takes over, but releasing 2 books a year, maybe that's just asking too much? Every recent novel has felt very underdeveloped to me and that's a shame.
    post28!

I just found out that there are three or four books of Discworld that were translated into Spanish, but they're not the first ones of the series.
    Can I read the books in any order? Or they have a sequence, like Harry Potter?

They are all stand alone stories but there are running themes. And he uses sets of characters for various books and imo those should be read in order, especially the city watch books. Lots of character development that carries across books.

If it's a book from his first up to and including 'guards guards', you're perfectly safe to read them however you want.
    Do you know which ones have been translated?
    post28!

The ones that I saw in the book stores were: The Last Hero, Witches Abroad and Men At Arms. I know there are some more because I've seen them in the Argentinian eBay.

Hmmm those aren't ideal
    Reading them in english is no option?
    post28!

That said, men at arms is my favorite!!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Hmmm those aren't ideal
    Reading them in english is no option?
    It'd be an option, but I can't find them anywhere in Argentina...
    Oh well, I'll wait til somebody translate them all...