Thread: hair dye foam

there is no home without you hollerskates's Avatar

Question hair dye foam

what brands have you tried? like it/hate it? i bought the new nice and easy color blend foam the other day. i'm hoping to try it on monday on my day off. i've read horrible reviews online, but have seen just as many favorable video reviews on youtube. new hair dye is always a scary situation for me. thoughts?

Thumbs up

ok, i used it last night! i was getting nervous, so i decided to use it last night in case i needed to seek professional help today on my day off. but i really like how it came out. i'm so relieved.

i also really like the process. the foam is interesting. took a bit to get used to, but what i really like is being able to rub it in my head like shampoo. i didn't really have to worry whether or not i had too much in one spot or not enough in another. most hair dye tells you not to saturate the hair. i usually use a 10 minute hair color, but this one says to leave it on for 25 minutes. that seems like forever when you have dye on your hair, especially one you've never tried. i stopped at 20 minutes. i will probably go the full 25 next time, but the results are still very good even so.

not 100% gray coverage, but no hair color ever does that for me. i really like the color. i chose the same color i use in the 10 minute brand. medium golden brown. i like the way this color came out better. more natural looking brown. the one i usually use tends to be a little too reddish for my taste only because after a few weeks of fading, i feel a bit orangey.

oh, one more thing i would say is a con but not a dealbreaker...i had much more staining with this one. around my forehead, back of neck. even now after rinsing and conditioning, there are still stains on my scalp and temples. i hate to wash my hair today, but i might have to to get that off.

tip for anyone who tries this...i wish there had been a note on the box somewhere about this...the tube in the spray bottle is intentionally bent. it's packaged outside of the bottle it eventually goes in, so i thought it had been damaged in transit. i tried to bend it the other way before i opened the directions and noticed the image shows a bent tube. i think i almost broke it. it still worked, but the foam didn't flow as freely as it would have, i think.

it's that time again! i just used loreal's sublime foam hair color. application alone is way better than the clairol version i used last time. the foam is foamier. no dripping at all. so far no staining at all, which was my biggest con with the clairol foam. hardly any smell. what i can smell, smells nice. this one is also really slick when applied to hair. i was able to apply it quickly and actually run my fingers through my hair. most hair colors tangle immediately even if i've brushed my hair prior. i really hope the color is good because this was crazy easy.

color is great. grays are still not completely covered, so that's disappointing, but it's always a disappointment. i have found nothing, from professional to store bought, that will cover them completely. they always just look blonde. but i will buy this again.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I just did mine the other day with liquid and found little dots all over the damn place. next time I'll think about foam!

^^i would definitely go with the loreal sublime! by far the easiest ever. the conditioner that comes with is is really nice. i actually like it better than the clairol conditioner.

I tried the John Frieda foam today. LOVE IT. Way easier than the liquid. Great conditioner. I wonder if the foams need a different kind, since you said yours was nice also hollerskates. My Walgreens had a boat load of $2 off coupons, so I tried the JF. And then I came home and found this :
    http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2011/0...our-at-target/
    So worth the price if you want to try it. I'm probably going to go stock up since I love it so much.
    Last edited by Girl Friday; 04-22-2011 at 02:41 AM.

tried the john frieda tonight. i really like the process. it's as easy as the loreal version. but the color is way too dark. it takes very little to make me self-conscious. i'm trying not to let myself freak out and wash it 20 times. i always choose medium golden brown no matter what brand i buy. and i didn't even leave it on for the full time. eh, i don't know. i prefer my hair color to go unnoticed.