Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

This new season is pretty great so far. The Mac Day episode had me choking with laughter.

"We're gonna grease up these beefcakes"

I didn't realize it had started. :/

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't get FXX. I could get it by other means, but I can't be bothered. They'll be in syndication in a year.

um... I didn't know they would say cunt and cocksucker on fxx! Not what I was expecting tonight.

And it's still got 10 more minutes.

Anyone still watching s13? The most recent episode, I think it's called "Mack finds his groove" or similar.... The end was haunting and beautiful and so un-Sunny that I'm super confused. It has everything I hate in a show but it works and I love it.

It's titled "Mac Finds His Pride"-- the season Finale-- and it was gorgeous. And to me it was one of the most Sunny moments ever. so unexpected and confrontational and politically charged. I've seen so many bros pissed off at the end, and you know what, good. No subject is sacred to Sunny. My one complaint, and that's been for the whole season is how little Dennis has been in it I wonder what's going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    It's titled "Mac Finds His Pride"-- the season Finale-- and it was gorgeous. And to me it was one of the most Sunny moments ever. so unexpected and confrontational and politically charged. I've seen so many bros pissed off at the end, and you know what, good. No subject is sacred to Sunny. My one complaint, and that's been for the whole season is how little Dennis has been in it I wonder what's going on...
    It was a beautiful scene, although it would have been nice I think had he been dancing with a man. Rob McElhenny's mother is a lesbian in real life. She left his father for a woman, so I'm sure he has an understanding of the gay struggle on some level. I also thought Danny Devito's performance at the end was brilliant. He sort of became a surrogate father to Mac at the end.

I think the woman represented his toxic-masculinity-culture. He kept pushing her (being straight) away and grabbing for her, desperately trying to make it work but it didn't. So I get seeing the other dancer as a man would be good, it wasn't about embracing being gay but denying being straight.

I hate dance. I hate weird sequences in a show like this. But wow, it was amazing and I'm glad they did it. It might stick with me almost as well as Night Man.

I don't think anything happened to "Dennis" but more that what's-his-name is on NBC's AP Bio and is less available. Plus as it becomes clearer and clearer that Dennis is a psychotic serial rapist, I'm ok with that.

eta: five seconds after I leave this thread I find the video on twitter, so enjoy people who didn't see the whole ep

Last edited by Regina Phalange; 11-10-2018 at 04:24 PM.