Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All Things Pokémon!

I had thought the 3DS useless, but I suppose it's got Mario, Zelda, and now this. And the online store. And I think you can get it cheaper (especially if you get an old 3DS and not an XL).

But I suppose once you start paying that sort of money maybe you should save for a WiiU. But then I just don't find the time or have the inclination to game much anymore - for reference I haven't TOUCHED Diamond since I mentioned it here almost 2 years ago. I'm stuck with the nostalgia and the feeling that I desire these things, but when it comes to it I just don't stick with them anymore. Each new console has a handful of games that appeal to me and that's too big an investment for such...frankly diminishing returns.

Yeah, gaming is for the most part a thing of my past (I only played White through once, without really going for 100% either - but then, I did already own a DS, so it probably was basically worth it), but I definitely still go giddy when I see news like this. It's really not enough to invest this time though, I think.

The new game looks really good, and Fennekin is really cute. Guess I need to buy a 3DS, ughh.

Quote Originally Posted by Whappo View Post
    But then I just don't find the time or have the inclination to game much anymore - for reference I haven't TOUCHED Diamond since I mentioned it here almost 2 years ago.
    Two months later and I'm up to the final gym in Diamond and my copy of White just landed on my doorstep.

And because today is Friday, I went to the Valley Windworks.

"A new WiFi event has been announced for English language games. This WiFi event will give you a Level 100 Deoxys, possibly based on the Masuda's Deoxys Japanese event last year, and is accessible for Black 2 & White 2 games (Note: The original release of the news listed all Gen V games, but now only lists Black 2 & White 2). This event is to tie in with the release of the new TCG Plasma Freeze set and will run from May 8th to May 31st. We'll bring more details closer to the event"
    From Serebii.net.

lol

what is that

I hate 'formes'. I hate Mewtwo. I HATE Mewtwo's new 'forme'.

I love Xerneas enough that I'm willing to let them get away with this, though. And it's not like the legendaries are typically that interesting anyway.

Yeah nothing about this new gen sounds good to me. Groan.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Formes are heinous.

Most of the new designs are kinda boring, but the one I DO really like is Sylveon, as silly as it is:

it's just so twee.
    Last edited by Andrew; 08-10-2013 at 08:52 PM.

I just think most of the new formes, etc look atrociously deviant art. I dug Black/White because most of the Pokemon seemed more original than a lot of the D/P ones, but so far I'm not digging this direction. Reminds me a lot of Gen IV. Also, X/Y? Ewwwwwww.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Really? I really think these are way better then the Black/White and D&P pokémons.

obviously what we need most is more formes.

FORMES FOR ALL

Ughhhh. ~FORMES~

I'M IN LOVE.

Wow nobody has talked about Pokemon in a long time here!

Anybody excited about the new Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu / Eevee that has just been announced for the Switch?
    Releasing in November it's a kind of remake of Yellow that includes a lot of Pokemon Go style mechanics, clearly geared towards the newer Pokemon player who have been brought in following the success of Go.

The real big news that excites me is that they've officially said that the next "core Pokemon RPG" title will be released H2 next year.

Thoughts?
    Do any of you guys actually still play pokemon or am I alone?
    Here's a link to a Polygon article about the Let's Go announcement
    Pokémon Let’s Go! is the series’ big Switch debut, and it’s targeting newcomers