Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Skincare Q & A

Aveeno! I just began using the Aveeno Positively Ageless line and I'm very happy so far. I had been using more expensive stuff. I have never used spf moisturizer because my skin in super sensitive. This one has spf 30 and I've had no problems. I've gotten compliments on my skin and it's only been two days!
    Less money, less sun damage, no irritation. Yay Aveeno!
    Last edited by Aida; 06-21-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: cant phone type

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I especially like the less money part of using Aveeno! I used to use mainly Clinique stuff, and man, it really added up. Fifteen bucks for a bar of soap, thirty for moisturizer, fifteen for toner, it was just ridiculous! Aveeno and witch hazel makes my skin AND my wallet happier!
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Yessss! I used clinique for more years than i want to admit and it just stopped working for me. And made me poor. Bad! I like the way Aveeno feels on and they have nice packaging colors. Im a sucker for package design. Wheee!

I far prefer a face wash I can squeeze out of a tube as opposed to those big bars of soap I used to get from Clinique. Maybe it's just me (I'm weird about textures sometimes), but I find touching a wet bar of soap really gross. Especially the bottom part that has been sitting in the soap dish.

Haha i cant use the last soap bit. I know it's wasteful but ewww! I completely understand. It feels icky and somehow...not effective. At least in my warped mind.

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Erin! I can get Aveeno online by the looks of it, but not from Boots or any department stores. I will keep it in mind also, thank you.

Dunno if you'd have to pay a lot in customs charges, but if you wanted to try it and couldn't find it, I could always send you some.

I have a really hard time with moisturizers, because it seems to be a total crapshoot whether or not they will irritate my eyes. Even if I try to *avoid* the eye area (which: oh hay, crowsfeet!) I still end up somehow with irritated runny eyes, which is just a vicious cycle. The more my eyes sting the more they run, and the more they run the more they seem to sting. So that coupled with most moisturizers pilling on me when I put makeup on no matter how long I wait... grr! argh! :P

I'm bought some of the CVS-knockoff of Olay's sensitive (hey, it has a pump rather than a screw-cap!) yesterday, and it seemed to do pretty well for me this morning. *holds breath*

I've been using the St. Ives Fresh Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer, and I like it. I'm a fan of the stuff that St. Ives has been putting out in the little tubs lately. The apricot scrub (though not a new product, I'm not sure if the formula has changed or if the tub just makes it seem better) and the exfoliating body polish are staples in my shower now.

200.jpg
    I'm jumping on the Aveeno bandwagon here. The sensitive skin line saved me last summer. I hadn't tried the "skin brightening" line because I thought it was BS. But the scrub is nice-- if you really want some serious sloughing action, its not for you. it's more of a "microbead" formula. But it's moisturizing without being oily, good for combination skin. I use it as a cleanser every other day or so; it even takes off most of my eye makeup (lazy lazy, I know).

I've switched over to chemical exfoliators from manual exfoliators. I worry about broken capillaries and AHAs/BHAs seem like a more gentle approach for me, since my skin is easily irritated by scrubs. I've fallen in love with Neutrogena's 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment for use in summer. It's a multi-tasker product, as it doubles as a moisturizer as well as exfoliator. I don't use it for an acne treatment, but for exfoliation. My skin is more oily in summer and this contains BHA at the correct pH (<4) to effectively exfoliate and clean out any pore gunk. Also it's in a oil-free formulation with no irritating essential oils and doesn't leave a film of on my skin, so after I apply my tinted moisturizer, it doesn't look like a grease slick on my face. I love this stuff for hot summer months.

Is that this stuff?

I might try that. Right now I'm using this:

Coupled with every night cotton buds and this:

followed by:
    GSV Tarendai

yes, that's it.
    disclaimer though: I don't use for acne and I don't use a ton of other products with it. For me, less works better, due to skin that is easily irritated by products with poop-loads of unnecessary ingredients.

ETA: Ingredient list

I recently bought the same Neutrogena Stress-Free scrub because it was one of the only items I could find in my little grocery store w/ salicylic acid. I was impressed that I only need to use a small dab and I can even use daily.

One note - do not use w/ the Clarisonic unless you want to scrub out the head every single time

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Any good recommendations on a face mask? How often should you use one?