Page 645 of 645 FirstFirst ... 145545595635643644645
Results 9,661 to 9,673 of 9673

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

I think TBK & ADP could have been much better were they shorter.

Geraldines has pretty much worn off for me. I seldom put it on and when I do I find my self skipping through until Oysters, the sole masterpiece on the album. I can't help from thinking how much the record would have benefited from real drums and less guitar. Initially I really liked it but it was clearly because the lukewarm albums that preceded. I really do hope the next album won't be yet another midi affair even though Invaders was less grating in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bratboy View Post
    I think TBK & ADP could have been much better were they shorter.
    And with lost Choirgirl and Pele songs on them rather than their tracks
    Robbing the muse...

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I still love UG but it's more light and whimsical than NI and I haven't been in the mood for it as much lately. I do like everything, though I skip the title track sometimes on account of the disappointing production... but I threw out Giant's Rolling Pin completely. It's a straight up Ireland/500 Miles/Mary Jane flashback and I don't appreciate that at all. The spectre of Fori still haunts!!

so... did christina aguilera snatch tori's hair & makeup people and say "i want to look like 2012 tori"?
    because that's exactly what it looks like. and it's not a good look.

Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together.

This concerns me:

Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I still adore UG largely because her vocals are so pretty on it. She seems to sing in a different way than on previous albums for UG and NI and I love both albums for it.

America, Weatherman, Selkie, Oysters, Rose Dover, Invisible Boy, Forest of Glass, and Dixie are among my top tier/perfection Tori tracks. I don't think AATS has any top tier tracks for me - and ADP only had Dragon and Smokey Joe.
    Robbing the muse...

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    This concerns me:

hahaha

I don't see (hear) the big fuss about UG, never really got into it, and honestly NI isn't too much better imo. There are more songs I like on NI and those songs are way better than UG, but apart from those few songs I don't really listen to NI. Maybe I'll give it another shot now that it's been a while. I listen to and enjoy more songs off ADP than NI, hate on me all you like.
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

I was relistening to Native Invader this morning for the first time in a long time. I really don’t return to it often but there are a few songs I do really enjoy. It really bums me out though that it’s not a proper band album like Choirgirl through Scarlet. I can totally imagine songs like Bang, Cloud Riders, Wildwood, and Broken Arrow with actual players like Matt and Jon on them. They’re good but those songs deserved better.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 09-15-2018 at 03:59 PM.

I agree with you there. I think if Bang was fleshed out with a band or with Choirgirl-like production, it would have been more impressive. It needs more oomph.

I just put on NI for the first time in awhile and was thinking the same thing. The songs are good but the production is still horrible. Case in point: it sounded like a metronome was the percussionist during the piano breakdown of Up the Creek. It's so terrible. I want to like this album but the production gets in the way. Please, please, please hire musicians for the next album, Tori, and a producer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    I was relistening to Native Invader this morning for the first time in a long time. I really don’t return to it often but there are a few songs I do really enjoy. It really bums me out though that it’s not a proper band album like Choirgirl through Scarlet. I can totally imagine songs like Bang, Cloud Riders, Wildwood, and Broken Arrow with actual players like Matt and Jon on them. They’re good but those songs deserved better.

I agree with both of you. I love both UG and NI a great deal but they do sound like ''demo tapes'' submitted to a producer, rather than finished products especially compared to her earlier albums. This is very evident in the ''band'' tracks. Since they are not electronic tracks they are meant to sound kind of organic but they don't so it's weird as an artistic choice. I mean there shouldn't be any reason songs like Wedding Day or Bang to be programmed while it makes sense for songs like Suede or Flavor.

I would love a completely solo, piano vocal album next.