Page 629 of 639 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629630631 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 9582

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    I would never bring a 7 year old anywhere, let alone a solo Tori concert in 2017. They should be at least 13 before you let them out of their cages.
    My first Tori show was in Cincinnati in 1998 and there was a woman in the same row as me with what looked like a newborn, trying to cover its ears when she played "She's Your Cocaine". I still to this day, can't believe someone brought a baby that small to any concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    Agreed. It reads like an insufferable 'Girls' caricature from SNL.

Parents, is it too much to ask to leave your kid at home with a baby sitter so the rest of us can enjoy an adult concert? I don't bring wine and blunts to the playground, please don't bring your bratty kids to a concert. [/end rant]
    That would mean they had to think about someone besides themselves and their crotch fruit and you know that's not going to happen.

But parents bringing their young kids could be the reason behind Tori's baby voice!!!

Someone from the Royal Albert Hall tweeted about a visit from Tori and that the show will be aired on BBC 4 on june 6. What could that be? https://twitter.com/RoyalAlbertHall/...952433158?s=19

Apparently is going to be a conversation between her and Natalie Dormer, a British actress. I was hoping for some music.

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    I don't really get the connection between those two, but whatever. Also, they both do not look very happy to be in that picture haha

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    I don't really get the connection between those two, but whatever. Also, they both do not look very happy to be in that picture haha
    Yeah, it seems like a really odd pairing.

They have the obvious GoT Connection, since Tori definitely says "Walder Frey" in Breakaway (even if the official lyrics say otherwise).

I found this interview online with Jon Astley where he talks about working with Tori and mastering SLG.

I was actually looking for info about the 1997 Abba remasters (infamous for being absolutely butchered by Astley), but this is very interestingly

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/jon-astley
    ~just an underwater thing~

So I was reading comments under a Tori YouTube video - and this guy says that in 1994 or 1995 at a Tori concert at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City, Toris' mic stand on her piano kept falling down, so Tori pointed at his girlfriend to come up on stage. When she ran up there, security charged out from backstage thinking she was a rabid fan, but Tori yelled at security and asked his girlfriend to come up to hold the mic for her as she sang. So his girlfriend spent the rest of the show sitting next to Tori holding the mic for her as she sang.

Did Tori do crazy shit like this back on the LE and UTP tours? Or is this guy bullshitting?

I have googled but can't find anything.
    Robbing the muse...

On September 17, 1994 she played Cottonwood High School in Salt Lake City but there was no boot and I’ve never seen videos from it. So there’s probably no real way to know.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    So I was reading comments under a Tori YouTube video - and this guy says that in 1994 or 1995 at a Tori concert at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City, Toris' mic stand on her piano kept falling down, so Tori pointed at his girlfriend to come up on stage. When she ran up there, security charged out from backstage thinking she was a rabid fan, but Tori yelled at security and asked his girlfriend to come up to hold the mic for her as she sang. So his girlfriend spent the rest of the show sitting next to Tori holding the mic for her as she sang.

Did Tori do crazy shit like this back on the LE and UTP tours? Or is this guy bullshitting?

I have googled but can't find anything.
    http://thedent.com/tourjune.html#salt2

It was June 21, 1996 at the early SLC show. Funny enough, I was just reading about this last week lol

"half way though [Purple Rain] she stops and sings on a single note, "You. You right there and only you. Just you come up here." And slowly a girl in the front row begins to rise and gets up on the stage and security runs out and grabs her and Tori yells "NO! NO! JOe!!! I told her to." and [Joel], the security guy lets her go, then Tori explains that her mike stand is falling and that the girl is going to hold her mike. Crowd goes wild for this."

"Purple Rain-Welcome harmonium. While she was singing this so passionately, she knocked her mike off and had to hold it with her hadns and couldn't play, so she sang to the girl directly in front of me to come up on stage and the girl couldn't believe it, but she crawled up there and Agent man went to grab her off and Tori was yelling at him telling him "NO! NO! I told her to come up!" but he was still taking her off, but eventually let go and Tori had her sit down next to her and hold the mike. Every person in the hall envied her soooo badly. you could feel it."

I’m still fascinated by the fact Tori would often play two shows a night. What times would this happen? Ie, would one be at 4pm, another at 9?

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I think it was generally 7pm and 10pm shows, neither of which would have any kind of opening act?

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    It reads like an insufferable 'Girls' caricature from SNL.
    Does not compute. Those SNL/Girls skits are absolutely fucking hysterical. Are you saying the 'Girls' are insufferable, or the SNL skits?