Page 625 of 638 FirstFirst ... 125525575615623624625626627635 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 9559

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Also the way that the country artists are segregated on a different disc... I know what modern country fans are like, most of them will not listen to anything else. If this isn't a sign o' the times. Anyway that looks like a whole lotta trash and Elton is overrated. I don't even like Kate's covers.

But now that we mention it... I used to overlook Tori's miscellaneous studio covers, but I wish she would get back to doing more of them now. We haven't had one since... Mona Lisa Smile?? Really???

Both discs are quite good, imho. Bernie produced the country one and Elton produced the Pop/Rock one, so no one was "segregated." Some of the arrangements are pretty great, and quite different from the originals. (nothing sounds like Karaoke.)

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar
    NPR Reader's Poll - 150 Greatest Albums Made By Women

9. little earthquakes
    17. boys for pele
    40. under the pink
    123. scarlet's walk

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Good for Tori! Well deserved. But that poll list. Oy.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    It was a reader's poll and apparently got hijacked by Taylor Swift's fan club gestapo (LOL NAZI JOKE TAYLOR SWIFT GET IT) and it has like 4 or 5 of her albums on it.

Except for the Swift invasion, that's not a bad list.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I think it's a good list too, although not as diverse as the original list. The major difference is that the readers poll has multiple artists with multiple entries, including Joni Mitchell who has 7 albums on the list. The first list only had one entry per artist ... except for Joni, who had two. Little Earthquakes was the only Tori entry on the original list, and it was at 27.

I got back into Joni again, she's simply amazing. (and 1000x better than every single one of her male peers, especially Boring Dylan) But nevermind that... her influence on Tori is pretty obvious too, especially in her vocal style.

Just out of curiosity was Tori the only artist to "cheat" on Mtv Unplugged having Caton plugged? I've Google searched and not found anything. Figured someone here has to have the answer.
    | don't be afraid ||- we're just waking up -|| and I hear help is on the way |

Quote Originally Posted by patteraren View Post
    Just out of curiosity was Tori the only artist to "cheat" on Mtv Unplugged having Caton plugged? I've Google searched and not found anything. Figured someone here has to have the answer.
    Argentinian band Soda Stereo made an MTV Unplugged that wasn't unplugged at all, so much that the cd says MTV Plugged.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by patteraren View Post
    Nirvana MTV Unplugged:
    Despite the show's premise, Cobain insisted on running his acoustic guitar through his amplifier and effects pedals. Coletti built a fake box in front of the amplifier to disguise it as a monitor wedge. Coletti said, "It was Kurt's security blanket. He was used to hearing this guitar through his Fender. He wanted those effects. You can hear it on 'The Man Who Sold the World.' It's an acoustic guitar, but he's obviously going through an amp."

I've woken up after bad sleep, in loads of physical pain and grouchy from that. What Tori album is best for this situation, in your opinion?

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Does anyone have any idea why Fat Slut is in the Tori top 10 songs on Spotify? WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarhiccup View Post
    I've woken up after bad sleep, in loads of physical pain and grouchy from that. What Tori album is best for this situation, in your opinion?
    Uhm, Pele.
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 04-14-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Grace View Post
    Does anyone have any idea why Fat Slut is in the Tori top 10 songs on Spotify? WHY?

Because the song is pure genius and is certainly a top 10 song of hers, if not a top10 song of all time.

Probably just the name of the song - it is click bait. "This woman has a song called Fat Slut?" ~ CLICK ~

And I hope you feel better sugarhiccup! I would go to Pink or maybe Scarlet.
    Robbing the muse...

I'm more offended by the Gold Dust version of Winter, but at least the original is there too.

Also is that an official Scarlet's Walk alternate cover I've never seen before?