Page 695 of 704 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 10555

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

Quote Originally Posted by mich. View Post
    They didn't get the asking price though and it's a pity she'd decided to sell the property - it seemed to be a very inspiring place. But as she doesn't sell albums as she used to, and she had to spend most of her time in FL before her Mother passed (and she probably continues to live there and take care of her Father), it seems like the Irish chapter had to be closed.
    It is sad that she had to let it go. I'm sure she was a such a good steward of that place, but I can't imagine the upkeep being cheap. Between the taxes and grounds maintenance, she was probably spending a small fortune every year to not live there. T fans should have bought and turned it into a Tori museum / airbnb / cafe with Tori original paninis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    It is sad that she had to let it go. I'm sure she was a such a good steward of that place, but I can't imagine the upkeep being cheap. Between the taxes and grounds maintenance, she was probably spending a small fortune every year to not live there. T fans should have bought and turned it into a Tori museum / airbnb / cafe with Tori original paninis
    OOOH with a resident photographer, make-up/wardrobe/stylist, and someone to do the photoshop work. Glamour Shots, the inn!
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    OOOH with a resident photographer, make-up/wardrobe/stylist, and someone to do the photoshop work. Glamour Shots, the inn!
    Yes!

Jamaica Inn
    Hotel
    Dew Drop Inn

I’m sure there are other hotel / inn references in her music. Now I really want a Tori themed museum. The wardrobe alone over the years warrants an exhibition!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    haha I was just doing a random sporcle quiz for a tv badge I'm going for and this quiz popped up and made me laugh

https://www.sporcle.com/games/PaulKc...&pid=2s7526c5A

Banned

This popped up on TT and I cannot stop laughing.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    That’s my third-legged self talking.
    I move with the trees in the breeze I know that time is elastic.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Over the last five years I have become increasingly fond of classic and instrumental music (especially Philip Glass, but many other composers as well.) Anyway, for anyone who likes instrumental music but doesn't already have "Sin Palabras" in their collection, it's *really, really* great IMO. I've been enjoying it a lot lately.

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar
    billboard ranked midwinter graces #9 in their 21 Best Christmas Albums of the 21st Century article:

Tori Amos has made a career out of subverting the Christian patriarchy, so her subdued entry into the holiday music canon came as a bit of a surprise in 2009. The album’s nine canonical Christmas songs, steeped in Biblical imagery, are largely reverent to their source material. Even the singer-songwriter’s five original compositions – including the standout “Winter’s Carol,” a pagan yarn about the passing of the seasons – seem tame by Amos’ standards. Musically, however, the album is expectedly rich, dark, and inventive.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Over the last five years I have become increasingly fond of classic and instrumental music (especially Philip Glass, but many other composers as well.) Anyway, for anyone who likes instrumental music but doesn't already have "Sin Palabras" in their collection, it's *really, really* great IMO. I've been enjoying it a lot lately.
    I really wish that she'd released Sin Palabras (that name! ) before NoH. The music is beautiful, but I can't enjoy it as its own entity; my ears are always waiting for her to start singing.

(Love Philip Glass too, btw.)

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inexcelsis17 View Post
    (Love Philip Glass too, btw.)

I am just falling deeper and deeper in love with his music all the time. I think "Solo Piano" is a top ten all time album for me. It's just stunning, hypnotic, like running water...

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    I started making this epic playlist of Tori, Kate, Björk & PJ months ago and it’s now over 100 songs.

There’s a Spotify version but half the b-sides by everyone other than Tori are missing. Boo!
    https://open.spotify.com/user/1ovozt...SPa-qKd_wujsKg

FYI I did leave off the biggest “hits” on purpose, because I get tired of those.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 01-24-2020 at 09:17 AM.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    ^
    Really nice playlist! I just added it to my Spotify.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    That is an AWESOME playlist!

gorgeous playlist indeed - inspiring

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Thanks guys. It will look better on Spotify once they add all the Kate b-sides (I think they said soon?)... unfortunately they may never add all the non-album Bjork stuff (too much of it) and PJ doesn't seem interested in collecting her bees anywhere.