Page 636 of 636 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636
Results 9,526 to 9,534 of 9534

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    The Kevyn documentary was beautiful and Tori was really real in it. She said towards the end something like "He would have come to us in a heart beat, he would have rented a private jet if we needed him, and we didn't give him that in return." There was also a part where he is filming his niece made over and lip syncing to Caught a Lite Sneeze. Definitely recommend it if you get the chance to see it.
    Where is it even playing?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

This is soooo beautiful. I am wondering what other gems I missed on the Native Invader tour. I am in tears.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post

This is soooo beautiful. I am wondering what other gems I missed on the Native Invader tour. I am in tears.
    Holy Beekeeper tour Batman. I guess I'm alone in really disliking when she adds a really long, drawn out improv at the start of a song.

Oh man, no way, I haaaaated that Josephine when she did that show. The only Josephine I can stomach from that tour is the piano-only one she did in NA.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Well um.... I really liked that, but then I always thought Josephine was kind of boring and simple when played live. I like the improv, and I like the synth addition, even though it sounds more Scottish than French now (are those bagpipes?!)

I'm not a big Josephine fan at all, actually, but that Nord portion just sounds like outright bad noodling around. The other performances she did with the Nord of it in Europe were better, but that improv is just too bizarre for my ears.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I hear you. But also, in terms of aimlessly noodling around..... Tori has done far, faaaaaaaar worse in concert

in every video from the NI tour Dublin concert there is this dude banging his head like he's on a rave. It's... annoying.

Anyway, i'm revisiting some videos from the last tour and comparing them to the UG tour (my opinion is based only after videos, sadly). If the UG tour was in a lot of ways, lighter, with a playfulness that felt like a breath of fresh air, the NI tour was, at least in Europe, very somber and heavy to me. I don't know, it seems a strange tour, for a lot of reasons. Of course, Tori was in the middle of a familiar problem and stuff, plus she didn't have a lot of rehearsal time (and that cold after Nashville). Some performances are great, some are TBK tour level (Carbon from the last concerts come to mind).

Btw, I really like this Josephine. I like these weird synths, as in Mother Revolution.

Some performances I enjoy:

I will be safe in my frame.