Page 660 of 687 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 10296

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

Last edited by Beelust; 02-05-2019 at 02:05 AM.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    I see that the Kevin Aucoin documentary is up on Netflix. Has anyone seen it? Is Tori featured prominently in it?

(want to watch it but can't right now)...
    There are actually two different Kevyn documentaries — I’m not sure which one is on Netflix. I saw the one called Larger Than Life and Tori is interviewed in it and they show brief clips from them together on set filming the videos for Hey Jupiter and Glory of the 80s.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 02-05-2019 at 11:26 AM.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetjosephine View Post
    Interesting, I did not see the higher quality pics. Looks like she's wearing a see-through bikini or something. Also that whole standing inside a box thing just looks weird.

I'VE BEEN DUPED
    Last edited by Octopussy; 02-05-2019 at 11:57 AM.

The whole Pink era is just heaven to me.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    I see that the Kevin Aucoin documentary is up on Netflix. Has anyone seen it? Is Tori featured prominently in it?

(want to watch it but can't right now)...

EDIT - OMG those UTP photos do look legit! And amazing. These photos should have been included in the remastered version!
    The doc on netflix is not the one that features Tori prominently. There is only like two brief Tori moments on it, one moment of footage with Tori with the Strangers With Candy cast, and one shot of her dressed as Mary Queen of Scots. The people featured prominently in the netflix doc are mostly super famous models, and a few actresses.

^ good to know. I do recommend the other one (Larger Than Life) not just for the Tori stuff but for Kevyn’s story in general, as sad as it is.

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunter Fartlett View Post
    The doc on netflix is not the one that features Tori prominently. There is only like two brief Tori moments on it, one moment of footage with Tori with the Strangers With Candy cast, and one shot of her dressed as Mary Queen of Scots. The people featured prominently in the netflix doc are mostly super famous models, and a few actresses.
    What was the connection with the Strangers with Candy cast? Also, as for the UTP pictures, that's the most exposed she's ever been in pictures, right? Maybe the feather ones that are more glam would be next most exposed. I hope she knew they were going to be released and she's not just suddenly feeling very put out there in ways she never anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    What was the connection with the Strangers with Candy cast? Also, as for the UTP pictures, that's the most exposed she's ever been in pictures, right? Maybe the feather ones that are more glam would be next most exposed. I hope she knew they were going to be released and she's not just suddenly feeling very put out there in ways she never anticipated.
    I had to think of these photos from BFP era: http://www.yessaid.com/pic/bfp2-1.jpg Even though the resolution is tiny, Tori seems to be naked, at least from the waist up.

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    I think he did Amy Sedaris's makeup and he was in at least one episode that I know of. The episode where Jerri's dad dies.

Just learned today that Jon Walmsley,the actor who played Jason in The Waltons, lives an anonymous (not anonymous anymore ha ha!) life in...North Cornwall!!! Maybe Tori will bump into him and negotiate an appearance on the next studio album!!! He's known as being a multi instrumentalist so who knows...here comes Tori's hillbilly album on the mountain....interestingly, he was born in the UK...in Lancashire...where i'm from.........move over Mark....heeeeerrreesss Jason!!!!

Hmm, where have I seen this before...

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    I know! They made such a big deal about it. Not saying Alicia isn't talented, I just think many people don't really know the high caliber of Tori's talent and performance skills. To be fair I'm sure someone did it before Tori, it's just that we as a fanbase associate it with her

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Coincidentally last night...

There were a few people who pointed out that Tori has been doing it for years, but Tori is also not the first or only musician to do that. It’s more likely Alicia was paying tribute to Hazel Scott.

It does show the public at large has never seen even a snippet of Tori, given how amazed so many on Twitter were about it.

ETA: I finally found the full performance and she does indeed dedicate that to Hazel Scott.

I think she mentioned Hazel Scott when she just started... how I wanted her to say "Tori"!

In other news, I need to check out Hazel Scott
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill