Page 619 of 619 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619
Results 9,271 to 9,277 of 9277

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Is there any Tori mention after the first episode? I'm not watching any more of it otherwise
    yes, they actually go to a tori concert in portland in episode 6 (which is titled 'sometimes i hear my voice').

they also play cornflake girl and silent all these years in the soundtrack, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Is there any Tori mention after the first episode? I'm not watching any more of it otherwise
    Yes they meet Tori in episode 7 and Tori's all like "Haven't we met before?" and then there's a flashback to a YKTR show (incl. a performance of 'Car Full Of Boys') and it's pretty good. Uncredited Caton cameo, too. So keep watching!

I hear in that season 2 they go to a Tori concert and Tori performs Datura in full.
    Robbing the muse...

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Guys really though the show is not that funny. Or maybe it just makes me feel OLD and like I want to watch My So-Called Life again.

Thumbs up Everything Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    tori's all over the first episode of 'everything sucks' on netflix.

the main female character wears a t tee throughout the episode(the show's set in the 90's), and there's even some dialogue about our gal... though it's beyond me what song she's describing in which t is just "singing and crying."

http://www.newsweek.com/i-counted-nu...ely-too-801234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Grace View Post
    Is anyone watching "Everything Sucks!" on Netflix? In episode 1 there's an entire sequence when they talk about Tori They say she has a song where she just play the piano and cry (hey jupiter?? The whole thing takes place in 1996) and talk about Little Earthquakes.
    Yes! I came in here expecting the show to have its own thread, honestly. She's a big part of episode one and in episode six they go to a Tori concert in Portland. The song "Silent All These Years" features heavily in a crucial moment for the female lead. "Cornflake Girl" is also played as the two main characters drive to the concert.

I binged all of season one (only 10 episodes, 30min ea.) and really dug it. Nineties nostalgia factor is at maximum and I dig the characters. It's a really good high school dramedy a la Freaks & Geeks.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    The show, first episode, is pretty awful. The dialogue is pretty painful between Kate and Lucas during the Tori Amos parts. And the look of it is not '90s. Definitely not late '90s. It looks like they got what was leftover from the Stranger Things wardrobe department. It's just really confusing to hear all those late 1990's references and see a show that looks early 1980s is all.
    I've been such a hater lately.

But I'll give it a go til the concert.
    It is nice to see a coming of age show where the LGBT character is a lesbian. That's been a rare perspective on Netflix.
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 08:44 AM.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill