Page 670 of 670 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670
Results 10,036 to 10,047 of 10047

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Even if she were to play with a session band, if they rehearsed at all together, she would have been prepared to perform the NI songs solo.
    Exactly! I don't think there ever was a band-tour planned for 'Native Invader'. I think the only thing that was planned was the guy (I forgot his name) who did his thing with the backing tracks during 'i i e e e', 'A Sorta Fairytale' an such.

She was on a tight schedule before the tour and she had a deadline. The recording, mixing and mastering of 'Native Invader' was completed somewhere in July of 2017. The first tour date was September 6th 2017. Tori said in an interview that most of the album still needed to be recorded while the tour dates were already planned/booked. So she basically had to finish the album within a certain timeframe - that was her main focus.

This resulted in the artwork not being complete (the back cover just has the song titles but in no particular order, the limited edition does not have any mention of the two bonus tracks, the lyrics to 'Bang' are missing) and Tori going on tour pretty much unprepared.
    Last edited by Peeping Tommi; 03-21-2019 at 09:56 PM.

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    Watching the NPR le poisson rouge session from 2012 and Tori says "this is one of my favorite songs" before playing Smokey Joe. She so rarely says that about her own songs! She always mentions that she can't say she prefers one over the other because the muses will stop coming or something

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    Watching the NPR le poisson rouge session from 2012 and Tori says "this is one of my favorite songs" before playing Smokey Joe. She so rarely says that about her own songs! She always mentions that she can't say she prefers one over the other because the muses will stop coming or something
    Smokey Joe should be a staple, and I think it still could be. There's so much she can do with it. I liked the 2014/17 versions but I did miss this:
    A songless robin
    She became
    He stole my sister Clitorides.
    These silken rubber gloves
    Choking his vitriolic tongue

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Did everyone know they released Live at Montreux 91/92 as a limited edition colored double vinyl? Mine just arrived yesterday and it's beautiful.

tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Did not know that! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    Did everyone know they released Live at Montreux 91/92 as a limited edition colored double vinyl? Mine just arrived yesterday and it's beautiful.

I heard about it but I can't seem to find out where to purchase it. Do you have the link to where you got it?

Did not know about this one - thanks! How is the sound on it? I never snagged the original vinyl release because Let Them Eat Vinyl doesn't have the best reputation.

(FYI appears to be available at www.jpc.com which I believe is a reputable German store.)

Yes, JPC is where I purchased mine. Very fast shipping. I have not listened to it yet so I cannot comment on the sound - but the packaging is just gorgeous.

Is this a legit release by Universal / Eagle Rock? Or another company? Seems strange to only be available from one retailer...
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Is this a legit release by Universal / Eagle Rock? Or another company? Seems strange to only be available from one retailer...
    Yep it’s totally legit. I need to take a picture of the info on the actual album.
    Last edited by Bryan Alan; 03-23-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Details on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/Tori-Amos-Li...lease/13321196

Seems legit enough that I snagged it from JPC this afternoon; pretty reasonable at under $30 to the US.

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar
    piece in out magazine by troy surrati, kevyn aucoin's assistant, that mentions tori:

At the end of the shoot, it was just Kevyn and I who were left to clean and pack up his kit. The song "Tear in Your Hand" by Tori Amos came on, and I lost just a little of my perfect-assistant composure. "My favorite lyric in this song is, 'I know you, I know you well. Well, better than I used to,'" I told Kevyn.
    And to my surprise, he responded, "The fact that you just said that to me is proof that you're supposed to be in my life." Then, he picked me up and gave me a big bear hug. (Kevyn was 6'5" – a gentle giant if ever there was one!)