Page 532 of 639 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 9582

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Tori has had long-standing relationships with Jay Leno and Letterman. She's performed multiple times over her career on each show, and she's performed during eras where doing these shows actually helped with album sales.

So, next album.. will she have the same invitation to perform with Colbert and Fallon? I can't see her ever being asked to play on Kimmel.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I thought she already played on Kimmel, I have some vague memory of him introducing her (but I could be wrong)

The only reason I even remember seeing that Welcome To England is the weird backdrop (bell pulls??). If it didn't make an impression on me, I can't imagine anyone who's never heard her finding anything redeeming about it. It's not just a weak performance either, the song is meandering and forgettable in general. Cutting out the bridge made it even worse. Would I get smacked for saying it kind of reminds me of "Siamroot" now?!?!

Welcome to England has a bridge? It's been so long since I've heard it

It's the "not a question" part right?
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Stumbled upon this gif randomly and am in love with it...

There is no one like Tori Amos. Love her
    Last edited by Beelust; 08-18-2016 at 02:45 AM.

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    I remember rewinding that bit on my VHS b/c "OmG, she almost grabbed flaming plastic!" Hopefully her hand insurance was good back then too.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    How hard is it to rip through a plastic curtain tho

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    YANTA recently covered WTE - just the piano lines, as usual - and I love it. It's kind of hypnotic. YANTA's ear is amazing to me... how he/she is able to hear the keyboard parts so clearly is really beyond me... I could never...

Might be an interesting conversation for those who transcribe music into sheet music. I have her easy/beginners songbook and I know that the sheet music wasn't written by Tori. I forget by whom. It's in my piano bench in storage.

When Tori goes back to older songs she may not remember well I wonder if she has her music for the piano part transcribed by someone? Surely she does.
    I know the set lists always have the key the song is in.

Anyhow, WtE just the piano is quite beautiful. The lyrics aren't awful but the way she sings them.. it's like putting ketchup on a really good steak, isn't it?
    Last edited by Volta; 08-20-2016 at 05:37 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Welcome to England should never have been the lead single. I think songs about places are great. In recent memory, I love Stevie Nicks songs "Italian Summer" and "New Orleans." In those songs, the places are celebrated by the music and the lyrics. That album was really the first time I bothered to learn more about the process and history of Stevie's work. I was always a FM fan and I loved many of her solo songs.. but I was pretty new to her.

The non-hardcore Tori fan, for them, this song might be harder to digest. I assume even the very newest fan, and there are new ones she picks up every album cycle, have wikied her and know how important England is in Tori's life.

I'm not sure what my point is. Welcome to England isn't very welcoming, I guess.
    Last edited by Volta; 08-20-2016 at 05:40 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    With a more punchy chorus and less crappy guitar Welcome to England could have been a great lead single. But lets face it, she was just not in a good place at the time and was never going to deliver a strong album.

I gotta disagree with you on the Stevie Nicks "New Orleans" song. It is one of the few Stevie songs I cannot get through- and that's putting it nicely!

i need size ten thousand for my ass snowgayngel's Avatar
    How long has YKTR been on itunes?
    "i think lady gaga is immensely entertaining"

Uhhhhh.... Wat. This is news to me. Sure enough it's there, but wow.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Is Tori in control of YKTR's copyright?

Anyway, it's only $7!

I remember when it was the premiere of Welcome To England, the video. I remember I couldn't stop laughing at whatever the fuck that was/is. And then the Visualettes came (I've watched them only once; should try to do it again on drugs) and then it kinda made sense: it's terrible from every single point of view.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.