Page 611 of 633 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 9487

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    @just owls for President, what a fantastic idea! Somebody get this to her people, stat!

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    When she's having an off year and not touring, I want Tori to do a weekly Q&A from her kitchen. It'll last as long as it takes for the kettle to finish and for her to sip a cup of tea and of course it'll be called Tea with T. I love this video.
    Yes, she can be my dressing-gown mentor.

HAHA I loved @just owls idea. T(ea) time stat!!
    I will be safe in my frame.

Tori's really great at giving advice.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    She's a fucking lifestyle guru in disguise. If she ever wanted to do something other than music she'd be great at it.

When she's having an off year and not touring, I want Tori to do a weekly Q&A from her kitchen. It'll last as long as it takes for the kettle to finish and for her to sip a cup of tea and of course it'll be called Tea with T. I love this video.
    I love that idea!

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar
    Thanks to Ryan for bringing this to my attention. I cannot get over how stunning this is.

that is a gorgeous rendition. think my favorite cover of hers ever is daniel from boulder in '96:

Call me a flop fan or whatever, but I hadn't listened to Oakland Boys in the Trees yet and I'm absolutely in love. SLG Tour was an amazing time.
    I will be safe in my frame.

Quote Originally Posted by tolotti_ View Post
    Call me a flop fan or whatever
    I didn't know where else to post this, so I figured I'd post it here...

I've been listening to Tori for a long time...we're talking LE/UtP era here. I was around Usenet and the rec.music.tori-amos years, Mikewhy, and Martin/the birth of @forumz and now Ryan and unforumzed...have not heard the past two Tori records, and have not seen her live since the NoH tour where that male European standing string quartet was accompanying her...and I've been silently lurking the current tour review threads...specifically, just glancing @ the setlist for the New Orleans show, and I can't believe what I'm reading...to see that she's performing @ the level she's been is really something, and I know that despite the intense fandom which has populated these forums over the past 17-18 years or so, I can tell that Tori is really killing it lately...I'll make sure to make time to indulge in UG & NI, and definitely will make sure to attend her next nearest live performance in my vicinity.

LOVE,

SB

Her voice in 1996 was pure crystal.

Tori stopped by NPR in LA today for an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by tolotti_ View Post
    Call me a flop fan or whatever, but I hadn't listened to Oakland Boys in the Trees yet and I'm absolutely in love. SLG Tour was an amazing time.
    I listened yesterday for the first time and sweet jesus, the song clicked for me for the first time. I've never cared about it, felt bored listening to bootlegs, but Oakland 2001 version left her footprint and it started to be my new obsession. What an amazing song and it suits Tori so much. Now I'm exploring yt in order to hear as much as possible - and even 2009 performance sounds amazing.

Slightly off topic, but everyone should watch the 2016 film Boys in the Trees, it’s such a good film, and the imdb trivia says there was a cut Tori scene ‘The film originally featured a scene where Romany performs Tori Amos' Caught A Lite Sneeze.’ Which I hope will eventually find its way online.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Those 2 Oakland shows were, hands down, my favorite Tori live experiences. Boys in the Trees was a huge highlight.

Meanwhile here we have Tori Amos giving time and attention to the very type of person she has denounced and been critical of throughout her entire career. And it's not the first time she's decided to surround herself with this despicable existence I fail to find a dignified term for. Has he allayed her alertness so well that she actually believes he has changed, felt remorse over his disgusting business practices and the lives, careers and relationships he intently, out of the most primitive subhuman urges, has destroyed?

Perhaps this is another instance of Team Tori living under a rock (re: Terry Richardson), but that would be particularly odd considering it's been anything but a secret that he whom I chose not to name is a reckless pig and bully. He still is. Yet here she is pictured catching up with him like she has done in the past.

This unbelievable level of hypocrisy, inconsequence and (perhaps willing) ignorance on her part could almost be mistaken for and excused with maternal feelings or charitableness. Given the social climate we momentarily live in and the discussions/renegotiations of societal values happening (to whom she has very vocally contributed to recently), however, this total failure is simply disappointing. Next thing you know she tweets after a recent dinner with Harvey Levin. I simply don't understand what the fuck is happening. Yes, she is human and not infallible, but this is simply so obviously wrong and against everything she stands for.

Edit: Apparently, she's had the Facebook post deleted, but it's still up on Instagram and Twitter.