Page 630 of 633 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 9487

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I think it was generally 7pm and 10pm shows, neither of which would have any kind of opening act?
    Oft, that’s a lot isn’t it!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    She used to do M&G *after* shows too.

Bleeding heck. Give that girl a rest!

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    You guys, someone on YT did a (rather lazy) mashup of Bodak Yellow and Cornflake Girl and with some more effort I think it has real potential, especially Tori's solo over Cardi's bridge

Quote Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
    Someone from the Royal Albert Hall tweeted about a visit from Tori and that the show will be aired on BBC 4 on june 6. What could that be? https://twitter.com/RoyalAlbertHall/...952433158?s=19
    So nice to see a recent pic, she looks gorgeous!
    They say you were something in those formative years...

My sister who is 2 years older than me (she is 40 now) said to me in 1997 "You might like Tori Amos", after I liked the song Siren playing on my sister's Greater Expectations soundtrack. From that moment I became a hardcore Toriphile

My sister knew of Tori back then but did not listen to her music - she was into Radiohead and other bands usually with male singers. We did not live together so she never heard Tori playing in my room.

Last night I emailed my sister to thank her for introducing me to Tori way back then, how the music really shaped who I am, and I attached videos for Winter, Silent All These Years, and Crucify.

My sister texted this morning saying she is floored by Winter and listened to it 3 times while bawling on her way to work today! I can't believe after all these years I never really tried to introduce my sis to Tori.

I am thinking of sending Pretty Good Year or Jackie's Strength later today... hard to know what song can follow up or be as amazing as Tori's Winter.
    Robbing the muse...

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    You guys, someone on YT did a (rather lazy) mashup of Bodak Yellow and Cornflake Girl and with some more effort I think it has real potential, especially Tori's solo over Cardi's bridge
    Ha! There's a Swirl Yellow mash up too which kinda sorta has potential too.

Woah, that one is even better. A full length version would be a banger. I never thought I'd say their voices kind of compliment each other.

Then again Raspberry Swirl seems to work with like every song ever made.... (CLICK FOR TORI + J-POP)

Also I have messaged this guy/girl before and they don't do anything but put the songs into an automatic sync program, hence the choppiness. I should try to convince them to come up with some better titles but I don't think they are a native English speaker (??)

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar
    tori mention in a review of Larger Than Life: The Kevyn Aucoin Story

https://nowtoronto.com/movies/review...-kevyn-aucoin/

"Larger Than Life focuses on his influence, but a bit too much. It corrals a host of musicians, actors and models – Cher, Isabella Rossellini, Tori Amos, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista – to expound on how his painterly mastery with a brush led him to be almost as famous as they were. But their insights never rise above banalities.
    Amos is the exception. Along with Aucoin’s family members, she reveals the pain of his personal life, which started as a violently bullied, openly gay child growing up in Louisiana to the pressures of the always-on fashion industry to his eventual fatal addiction to painkillers."

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post

I am thinking of sending Pretty Good Year or Jackie's Strength later today... hard to know what song can follow up or be as amazing as Tori's Winter.
    Try some Not dying Today or Fat Slut. She'll have to like those.

^ that is what I am worried about! I don't want to turn her off. I sent Hey Jupiter (the Dakota video) and Jackie's Strength video. Heard nothing yet...
    Robbing the muse...

Oh my god. I just pictured someone having been exposed to Winter only and falling in love with it, wanting to explore the music of this immensely talented woman who composed a thing of such beauty, poignancy, depth, maturity, and delicacy, and then listening to either Fat Slut or NDT immediately after.

Whatever was happening to Tori in that period, I am so glad it's over and am so glad Reindeer King could easily be placed alongside a Tori classic like Winter.

I do think either Pretty Good Year or Jackie's Strength could work. Maybe Cloud on My Tongue.

ETA: Just saw we posted at the same time. I had also thought of Jupiter, so hopefully she'll respond positively!

an island of such great complexity justin's Avatar

I'm not gonna listen because the intro says the album is disappointing and has "no hooks or melodies" and yet the podcast's name is in reference to Sleater-Kinney. What's the issue??? Yeah Winter is amazing but Cruel and iieeee and SYC are obviously not trying to be that. She can do rhythmic bluesy trip-hop, she can do psychedelic art rock... I think Corin Tucker would scowl at this dweeb.