Page 632 of 680 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 10197

Thread: Random Tori Chatter (oooilllll spiiiilllllllll)

  1. #9466
    Maybe she's working there? Native Invader didn't sell as well as we hoped.

  2. #9467
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18
    Has anyone posted about the Kevyn Aucoin documentary that Tori is a part of? It's titled Larger Than Life: The Kevyn Aucoin Story and includes interviews and behind the scenes clips of stars that worked with Kevyn, including Tori. I'm really looking forward to hearing what she has to say. We all know how much Tori valued Kevyn as an artist and a friend. I think the film will be released digitally sometime this summer, too lazy to look it up.

    Also in the trailer you can see a short clip of never before seen behind the scenes footage from the Hey Jupiter video shoot, so hopefully there will be more clips like that included.



    I also stumbled upon this Q&A with some of the people working on the documentary, including Barry Lee Moe who has been working with tori as her hair and makeup artist for years. The video includes some short comments about Tori's involvement in the documentary.


  3. #9468
    Warm little diamond Nateb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    she toured without a new release in 2010 and it was the best I've ever seen her perform. She also toured without a new release in 2015
    I consider those just second parts to AATS and UG tours.

  4. #9469
    Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Maybe she's working there? Native Invader didn't sell as well as we hoped.
    Ha! We do know she has a fetish for book-related professions!

    It totally sucks that NI didn't do way better than it did commercially. And even from an appreciation of its content and messages in these dark political days. It deserved better for sure.

  5. #9470
    generally largely right Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,126
    Actually, it didn't do horribly in terms of actual album sales - it went to No. 9 on the Billboard Top Album Sales chart (which back in the day used to be the main chart). However, these days the actual Billboard 200 chart combines sales and streaming, obviously favoring artists preferred by younger people. And let's be honest, the percentage of faerie wingers younger than 30 is negligible at this point.

  6. #9471
    Member sk81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    56
    In the trailer, at 1:26 Kevyn is crying and it seems to me like Tori is consoling him. Even though the face isn't visible, the jawline, the lips, even the ears look like it could be Tori. I would love tto watch the documentary in its entirety - he was such a dear friend to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
    Has anyone posted about the Kevyn Aucoin documentary that Tori is a part of? It's titled Larger Than Life: The Kevyn Aucoin Story and includes interviews and behind the scenes clips of stars that worked with Kevyn, including Tori. I'm really looking forward to hearing what she has to say. We all know how much Tori valued Kevyn as an artist and a friend. I think the film will be released digitally sometime this summer, too lazy to look it up.

    Also in the trailer you can see a short clip of never before seen behind the scenes footage from the Hey Jupiter video shoot, so hopefully there will be more clips like that included.


  7. #9472
    Molecular Machine John's Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,045
    Yeah that definitely looks like Tori consoling him.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

  8. #9473
    Warm little diamond Nateb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    481
    Oh yeah. That's Tori.

  9. #9474
    Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,710
    That makes me love her so much.

  10. #9475
    Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    I am so excited to see this film next week in Seattle. It looks like Tori will have a substantial part in it considering their close friendship (he is Tash's godfather), the fact that they start the trailer with her and the use of two separate bits of archival footage featuring her. I did a search for her comments on his death and found this on The Dent which made me tear up:

    "For those like me who loved Kevyn the person, the heart now weeps as if made of water color. Earth has lost yet another light, but perhaps, he has joined the masters who paint our sunsets."

    She also talks about the photos he took of her while she was pregnant (from the New York Times, May 12th, 2002):

    "Yes, he was a master painter, but it was what he did in the conversation that made your inside glow, and helped you find the part of you that had grace or humor," said the singer Tori Amos, whose daughter was Mr. Aucoin's godchild.

    One afternoon late in her pregnancy, she recalled, "he held my hand and said, 'I think you look so sensual right now.' I said: 'Come on, let's be real. I'm a beached whale.' And he said, 'No, I see sensuality in you, and I'm going to make you up.'

    "So he made me up, and even though I could barely roll over, he took pictures of me. He captured a simple moment in our lives and turned it into something beautiful and meaningful. And he made me feel beautiful in the process."

    "This was a man who loved women," Ms. Amos added, "even the ones who weren't good — the nice-seeming people who were closet Cruella De Vils. I would watch him working on a person and I'd think, 'Yikes, I wouldn't want to leave my Alsatian with her.' But by the time he had told her a few jokes and finished his Baby Jane imitation, the walls of rigidity and insecurity would be broken down."

  11. #9476
    your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    488
    I thought Neil Gaiman was Tash's godfather?

  12. #9477
    Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    Don't quote me on it cuz I was raised by atheists but can't you have as many godparents as you want? Here's the first thing google spits out:

    You can have as many Godparents as you like for your child. However, for a Church of England service, at least 3 Godparents are required. In this circumstance, it's usually the case that a girl will have 2 Godmothers and 1 Godfather and a boy to have 2 Godfathers and 1 Godmother.

  13. #9478
    Also Kevyn is deceased so.....????

  14. #9479
    come out and level up Waylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,186
    I think someone keeps being your godparent after they're dead. It's not like a real parent stops being a parent when they pass.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

  15. #9480
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Actually, it didn't do horribly in terms of actual album sales - it went to No. 9 on the Billboard Top Album Sales chart (which back in the day used to be the main chart). However, these days the actual Billboard 200 chart combines sales and streaming, obviously favoring artists preferred by younger people. And let's be honest, the percentage of faerie wingers younger than 30 is negligible at this point.
    *I* was only kidding I think all of her regular albums have made the top 10 in sales. Which, for someone low-budget/pseudo-independent like Tori, is PRETTY GOOD.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •