Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1115

Thread: The All-Inclusive Fleetwood Mac thread

I actually think "Rock a Little" is a far stronger album that OTOSM, despite it being a hot mess!
    ~just an underwater thing~

This could be interesting!

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are teaming up for a new duets album, according to The Los Angeles Times. McVie started touring with the band in 2014 after leaving in the late ’90s. The project will be released under the name Buckingham McVie, a nod to the 1973 Buckingham Nicks album that led Stevie Nicks to join the band. The album is due out in May.

In which Darwin/The Seaward comes back to school us about how we aren't real FM fans if we don't like Christine McVie songs.

I'll be honest, I don't care for most of her songs. But I definitely think the band isn't the same without her.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I'm so intrigued by this project. I am a big fan of Christine's FM songs - definitely not as much as I love Stevie's work, but she has a pop side of her that is very un-Stevie and I love it a lot. Quite what Lindsey would do with that pop sensibility I don't know, so it's very exciting to imagine what could come out of it.

My first reaction to "Buckingham McVie" was wondering whether this was sincere or whether it was an elaborate ploy to pressure Stevie to finally join them in the studio for a Fleetwood Mac record.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...uttake-w467411

Previously unreleased version of "Seven Wonders" from the upcoming reissue

I love all these alternate/unreleased versions. Even though it's a bit rough, I'm obsessed with the Edge of Seventeen take from the Bella Donna reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...uttake-w467411

Previously unreleased version of "Seven Wonders" from the upcoming reissue
    It's the same as the album version, just with all the production removed and before Lindsey sped it up. All of the Tango tracks started out like this and then they just layered on top of them, sped things up and slowed bits down etc. Stevie only ever did 1 take for 7W.
    ~just an underwater thing~

Wow, I like that more than the album version. Her vocal is actually quite good. The album version makes it sound all schreechy and thin, when it's sped up like that.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Wow, I like that more than the album version. Her vocal is actually quite good. The album version makes it sound all schreechy and thin, when it's sped up like that.
    Very first thing I noticed! Her vocals are so much better on the unreleased version. She sounds super coked up on the album version, although a)she probably was; and b) that's probably the vocal they were going for. lol.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Posted upthread but it's worth repeating for those who haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala! At The Disco View Post
    I just found this article in which Stevie talks about her pill addiction and its impact on "Tango in the Night": http://www.newsweek.com/stevie-nicks...ddiction-67619
    "Klonopin is in the Valium family, but Valium is fuzzy and Klonopin is insidious because it’s so subtle that you can hardly tell you took it. I got through 1986 and 1987. Thank God I’d already written the words for my record The Other Side of the Mirror. But what started happening was that if I didn’t take it, my hands started to shake. I felt like I had a neurological disease or Parkinson’s. I started not being able to get to Lindsey Buckingham’s house on time, and I would get there and everybody was drinking, so I’d have a glass of wine. Don’t mix tranquilizers and wine. Then I’d sing horrific parts on his songs, and he would take the parts off. I was hardly on Tango in the Night, which I happen to love."

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...oobie-brothers

I'm guessing this will be part of a larger tour this summer?

July 16 - Los Angeles, Dodger Stadium w/Journey and Earth Wind & Fire
    July 30 - New York, Citi Field w/Journey and Earth Wind & Fire

I have a feeling that these festival dates might be all we get in 2017, but we shall see

Maybe I perceive them differently than the general public, but I think of Fleetwood Mac as so much more than an "oldies" band...I don't find this line-up very flattering.

I'm not gonna talk about Judy. Johnothon's Avatar
    Just listened to 'Ooh My Love (Demo)' from the Tango reissue. At first I thought, wtf am I listening to? But it soon warmed up and was (if nothing else) an interesting take on one of my favourites. It's a completely different song, I feel.
    Last edited by Johnothon; 03-30-2017 at 07:37 PM.