Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Heavens, me! The Royal Wedding! (Now with added crotch-dropping)

I'm just waiting for some individuals or groups to freak the fuck out about her mixed race-itude.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Meanwhile I've got many FB friends figuring out how many people has to die for a Black American to be Queen! (pregnancy not withstanding, the answer is currently 5)
    On the other hand:

Last edited by beanstew; 11-28-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Guardian and Twitter queen of snark @MarinaHyde is going to be live tweeting the wedding. That's the only coverage I'm interested in.

Last edited by beanstew; 05-18-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

MSNBC has Joy Reid anchoring their coverage in NYC, and they sent Katy Tur and Stephanie Ruhle across the pond.

So I’ll be watching MSNBC.

Barack Hussein Obama

This unresolved conflict has been much on display this week, alongside the snobbery and the sycophancy, the cruelty and the casual racism. You can’t move for people explaining that the miserable drama with Meghan’s poor paparazzi-colluding father shows us that “all families are complicated” – like we need telling that, where the Windsors are concerned. Please. They’ve been bringing their own drama since forever. The very fact Harry is marrying an American divorcee sets a low success bar even by the standards of his clan. The last time the experiment was tried, the couple in question ended up in a Bois de Boulogne villa with a couple of mines’ worth of diamonds but only Hitler on speed-dial.
    In Windsor, many were treating Royal Wedding Eve like it was an early flight from Stansted, where it’s basically fine to have a pint at any time. “We open at 6am tomorrow,” said the barmaid at The King and Castle, with a thousand-yard stare. Elsewhere on the lanes around the castle there were slightly more claimants to be “official town crier” than there once were to be Anastasia Romanov. Police had taken the possessions of some homeless people for “safe storage”, making way for the royal superfans who wished to sleep on the same streets to get a great viewing spot for Saturday. And if you were a screenwriter trying to come up with a vignette to illustrate a country in heady thrall to a version of its past yet struggling to meet the challenges of its present, you’d probably ditch that one as being too on the nose.
    She slays me.

I stayed up and saw the wedding. Nice ceremony. (The American pastor was awesome.) But I also thought I’d read up on Meghan a bit and, uh, wow. Her family is a trainwreck. I especially love the drunk half-brother, who seems to alternate between trashing her and fawning over her, in between the incidents of beating up his girlfriend.

Barack Hussein Obama

My family not nearly as f**ked up as theirs, says Meghan Markle
    MEGHAN Markle has responded to media focus on her relatives by pointing out that the Windsors are way more messed up.

She said: “I’m getting pretty sick of this. My dad might be in the papers now, but at least he didn’t meet my mum when he was already getting off with her sister.

“Princess Margaret was a randy booze hound and Fergie got papped getting a poolside toe-job, whereas my aunt is a florist. She forgot my birthday once, but then she gave me double vouchers for Christmas.

“I’m a distant relative of Shakespeare and he’s a distant relative of Mike Tindall.

“I also don’t want to hear about my half-brother working at Domino’s ever again, when one of Harry’s family went to a party dressed as a Nazi. I should find out which one, so I can ignore them on Saturday.”

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    gdi billy

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Lord Mountbatten marries James Coyle in first royal same-sex wedding
    The first same-sex royal wedding has taken place - a historic occasion for the monarchy.

Lord Ivar Mountbatten, a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II, and his partner James Coyle married over the weekend, after announcing in June that they would be tying the knot.

The pair, who have been in a public relationship since Lord Mountbatten announced he was gay in 2016, reportedly exchanged vows in Bridwell Park chapel in Devon in front of 60 family and friends, according to the Daily Mail.

Lord Mountbatten celebrated the occasion by sharing photos of the wedding, which he uploaded to Instagram with the caption: “Well we did it finally! It was an amazing day despite the miserable British weather.”

According to the groom, the service was conducted by Trish Harrogate, chief Registrar for Devon, and was accompanied by a gospel choir.

Alongside pictures of himself and his new husband wearing matching velvet jackets, Lord Mountbatten shared a photo of his three daughters Ella, 22, Alix, 20, and Luli, 16, who were also in attendance.

“Most importantly, a massive thanks to my three gorgeous girls for being so understanding and supportive, without their support this could never have happened!” he wrote.

Previously, Lord Mountbatten's ex-wife Penny announced that she would be walking her ex-husband down the aisle - the girls’ idea.

While most of the royal family wasn’t in attendance due to scheduling conflicts, the newlyweds celebrated with music, champagne, and close family and friends.

To mark their vows to each other, the couple exchanged rings specifically made for them by Milly Maunder, according to Instagram, and are currently honeymooning in Brazil.

Of their decision to marry, Lord Mountbatten said: “I suppose if we had met 10 years ago a civil partnership would have been nice, but now that marriage between a man and a man is legal it seems the right thing to do.

“I have had the whole marriage thing - and been very happy - but James hasn’t, so I see it as a validation of my love for him.”

"And finally, the biggest thank you to James for being just perfect...” the newlywed Lord Mountbatten wrote on Instagram.
    I pay little attention to the goings on of the royals especially the various extended family members and hangers on but this is very sweet.