Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush on vinyl

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar

Kate Bush on vinyl

We had a lovely Kate on vinyl thread before. So let's continue!

I want stories and photos! I have The Kick Inside and Hounds Of Love on vinyl.

This has been spoken about before, but there's a vinyl listing for Hounds Of Love at Audio Fidelity, "mastered by Steve Hoffman."
    http://www.audiofidelity.net/content...ushhounds-love

On Amazon UK, it says "currently unavailable" but with a July 6 release date. Hmm...

Who the hell is Steve Hoffman? I see elsewhere on that site it says it will be 'Numbered Edition "marble" 180g.'

From, ahem, Wikipedia

Steve Hoffman is an audio engineer from Los Angeles, California, who specializes in remastering sound recordings on compact disc and vinyl record. In the 1980s, he worked at MCA for nine years. He has since done remastering work for companies such as Digital Compact Classics (DCC) and Audio Fidelity, Analogue Productions, Rural Rhythm and, presently, S&P.
    His approach to remastering is a minimalist one, often eschewing many common processing steps in order to present a true representation of the original master tapes. He attains this by avoiding compression, limiting, equalization and noise reduction.

I wonder if she gave him the master tapes. I doubt I'll be buying this because I don't think the vinyl needs a remaster. I'm so happy in my rut.

I do have all the albums on vinyl now! even Red Shoes (which emptied my pockets but was worth it)

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I have Never For Ever, The Dreaming, and Hounds of Love on vinyl. I love them and they sound great. I generally don't buy any of my records online. I love the excitement of finding them in random music stores whose shelves of records are in varying states of disarray. I found my Never For Ever copy in the punk section! It didn't have a price on it, and the clerk didn't know what to make of it...I got it for $2...It is in decent shape too!

I only have The Dreaming and the Running Up That Hill single on vinyl, but I'm hoping to get the other albums soon, especially Hounds of Love. Was Aerial released on vinyl? I'd love to have that too.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I have a fair bit of Kate's albums on vinyl. I think I listen to Hounds Of Love and Never For Ever the most of those vinyl records to be honest.

I always think that The Kick Inside is interesting on vinyl, as there's a definite split in the two sides: you'll notice that Side A starts and ends with a fade, whereas that conceit isn't there at all on Side B. I always wonder if that was intentional. Add in the way that the first two tracks merge in together, and I start looking for a "concept"

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    I have Never For Ever. I need a record player still and then I might start collecting more. I want to hear them how they were intended to be listened to.
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

i have The Dreaming , Hounds Of Love , Never For Ever and The Kick Inside
    got them all for 5 $ each hehe

Quote Originally Posted by JHV View Post
    Was Aerial released on vinyl? I'd love to have that too.
    Yes! The packaging is gorgeous, but the times I've seen it it's simply been out of my price range since it's a double LP and a UK import.

^it would have been an 80 dollar purchase for me when I had the chance

so all I have is the sensual world single, cloudbusting promo, and commercial version, and the dreaming (oh and King of the Mountain 7in pic vinyl...I always forget that I have it especially considering how heavy that little fucker is)

I know a place where I can get a lot more but I fear I will go nuts and buy way too much

Damn, $80 is a lot for the Aerial vinyl. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, although I wouldn't be able to pay that much.

If it makes you feel better, the few times I've seen it it's been around $45.