Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush on vinyl

I think it was 80 after the currency conversion...

Quote Originally Posted by clarion View Post
    Yes! The packaging is gorgeous, but the times I've seen it it's simply been out of my price range since it's a double LP and a UK import.
    yup it's not just gorgeous, it's a work of ART! it's the most beautiful Kate item I have! it has the best booklet ever! also The Red Shoes has a great inner sleeve design! the ones I hate were The Dreaming and The Sensual World! the inner sleeves are just black pages with the lyrics prented on them <_<

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I am jealous of those who have Aerial on vinyl.

Saw some used vinyls at a record fair a couple of weeks ago after having already bought stuff. Didn't buy. Sort of regretting it.

Has anyone bought the Hounds of Love vinyl from audiofidelity (or anything else from them)? I'm interested in it, but would like to know about the quality of the remaster and how reliable the website/company is before paying the $40 (after shipping) to get it.

I don't know anything about them, JHV. They're releasing The Sensual World next though!

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/sho....php?pid=71151

This is Kate's 2nd album on Audio Fidelity and will be the follow-up to "Hounds Of Love". "Sensual World" took Kate 4 years to make and the songs elevate sexuality, romance, politics and emotion to an all together higher, more mystical and more poetic level.

The album includes the classics "The Sensual World", "Never Be Mine" and "Rockets Tail". The songs and the music are further enhanced by the stunning guitar work by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. The album also features "This Woman's Work", which was a smash hit by Maxwell.

There is a thread about the vinyl here, where some people should start comparing it to the CDs etc.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I don't know anything about them, JHV. They're releasing The Sensual World next though!

Ooh! Thanks for that info Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by gaffa View Post
    There is a thread about the vinyl here, where some people should start comparing it to the CDs etc.
    Thanks for the link - Steve Hoffman replied in this thread and stated that Kate has to personally approve all test pressings before release so she must have been satisfied with the work on Hounds Of Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post

Excellent news! TSW, TRS, and Aerial are the only Kate albums I don't have in vinyl. Can't wait to purchase this!

I saw an old sealed copy of TSW yesterday. Didn't buy it...

Joining this thread a little bit late. Found "Lionheart," "The Kick Inside," "The Dreaming," and "Never for Ever" on vinyl about a month ago for cheap and they're stunning. I recently moved, so I haven't had the chance to listen to them yet (and probably won't until I get all of my records and turntable in order and set up), but I'm happy that I have them now.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I found and bought The Sensual World on vinyl today. The sleeve is in near mint condition too which made me extra happy.

How rare is the On Stage vinyl? I saw a copy of that today but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. If it's something that's hard to find, I might go back for it.

I don't think it's rare at all - there are tons on eBay, two or three for about $8.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    This has been spoken about before, but there's a vinyl listing for Hounds Of Love at Audio Fidelity, "mastered by Steve Hoffman."
    http://www.audiofidelity.net/content...ushhounds-love

On Amazon UK, it says "currently unavailable" but with a July 6 release date. Hmm...
    I know this has been available for some time now, but Amazon US has *five* copies left in stock right now for $30.38 and there's free domestic shipping. Finding a better price on this seems pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I know this has been available for some time now, but Amazon US has *five* copies left in stock right now for $30.38 and there's free domestic shipping. Finding a better price on this seems pretty unlikely.
    Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered my copy. I have high hopes for the quality after reading the almost entirely positive comments on the Audio Fidelity board. So now I'll have HoL, The Dreaming, and The Sensual World (and the RUTH single). Still on the lookout for The Kick Inside, Never For Ever, and Aerial, it would be great if TKI and The Dreaming were remastered after TSW.

You know I was thinking, maybe we should add the news of these audio fidelity releases to the FAQ?