Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush on vinyl

Stumbled upon a copy of TSW on vinyl in mint condition for only $6 on Sunday. Needless to say, I snatched it up, along with a copy of Tom Waits' Rain Dogs and a double LP recording of The Threepenny Opera with Lotte Lenya. Twas a great day for vinyl!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Wow that's good! I recently found out they have a record fair every two months near me. I've been to the last two, I had a big splurge the first one but didn't get anything second time (despite being tempted by about 127 records!) So on the next one, I think I'm due another splurge

And Nancy, I think that's a good idea to add the vinyl news to the FAQ.

I got the Hounds of Love vinyl today, and it sounds amazing. Crystal-clear and perfect quality (so far... I've listened to side 1 and ADOS/Under Ice and then put it aside to have a proper listen later.) If you're a vinyl audiophile, it's definitely worth getting. I don't know how it compares to the regular HoL vinyl though, so I don't know if it's enough of an improvement to be worth re-buying.

What's the artwork like? Lyric sheets etc?

Inside there's two photos of Kate, which are very similar to the front and back covers of the album. There isn't a separate lyric sheet, but all the lyrics are printed inside the sleeve around the two photos. Nothing too special, but nice.

Sounds nice!

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    I still only have the Cloudbusting and Rubberband Girl singles and the UK version of The Kick Inside (my favorite Kate cover art EVER!) on vinyl.. I've been meaning to expand my collection. I really would like to have Never For Ever next.

I highly recommend getting the TSW UK single (I think it's the UK one) it has the instrumental hidden in between the grooves.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHV View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered my copy. I have high hopes for the quality after reading the almost entirely positive comments on the Audio Fidelity board. So now I'll have HoL, The Dreaming, and The Sensual World (and the RUTH single). Still on the lookout for The Kick Inside, Never For Ever, and Aerial, it would be great if TKI and The Dreaming were remastered after TSW.
    No prob! Mine just came in the mail today, it's a stunning pink/black marble vinyl, sounds absolutely pristine. I'm really kind of an entry level Kate fan, and was definitely expecting to enjoy side A better, but I was blown away by the Ninth Wave. I am really, really impressed with this album.

what's going on...I put on ADP in my turntable and it sounds like shit and I thought my needle was fucked. (for months I thought I ruined it since Tori vinyl was played in it last) could the heavy vinyl be the culprit?

then I pop in the whole story and it sounds PERFECT.

OMG. it's a sonic orgasm coming out of my speakers.
    Last edited by pan; 10-06-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Is it a new copy of it?

Sometimes when I start to play my records the needle will go down on the vinyl and then immediately come back up again and replace itself and I don't know why. So then I have to manually put the needle on part-way through the first song. It doesn't happen on everything. It's weird!

I played the spark and god UK singles and they sound like shit

but I played the whole story and the dreaming and my god the sound wonderful

the tori ones were bought used but spark was mint.

both Kate LPs were either sealed or unplayed....

it must be the condition I got them in?

all my tori vinyl have this staticy distorted sound. ADP, UTP, DMMCTV

ADP sounded fine on my turntable, pan. I've only played it once though.

my other turntable must have messed these up then. (good thing I threw it out)

my sensual world single sounds awful and I played this on that too.

so all my new stuff is probably fine then
    edit

nope not it. AATS sound crappy too... that one is a new copy.

I hope I am not ruining all of these somehow.
    Last edited by pan; 10-06-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Oh boy!