Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lionheart

Quote Originally Posted by other pete View Post
    My favourite Kate album sleeve, from a very strong field. Her mane! And I can smell the damp on that wall paper. Do we know if it was an actual attic room or a studio construction?
    The photo was done by Gered Mankowitz, the same guy who did the first version of TKI cover shot, aka. the tits version. So that would mean it was a studio construction.

the juniper tree is mine Octopussy's Avatar
    The cover is easily the best thing about the album. And Hammer Horror.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 07-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.

I actually think the cover's sort of creepy, lol...

^ that's probably why I like it. (have you seen my sig?!)

Haha, at first I thought that was some sort of altered version of Jabba The Hutt...

Honestly, Oh England My Lionheart is one of my fav. song of all artists

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Love this - Kate debuts "Kashka from Baghdad" on Ask Aspel in September 1978

Does anyone know which songs are from TKI era or before, and which were new when Lionheart was recorded? I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    Honestly, Oh England My Lionheart is one of my fav. song of all artists
    It's a shame that she once said in an interview that she was embarrassed by that song (among others).

I listened to Lionheart all the way through for the first time in ages today and I'd forgotten how much I love it. I actually prefer it to The Kick Inside, but I'm probably just biased because I heard Lionheart first. I think TKI is more emotionally resonant, whereas Lionheart is meant to be more theatrical. I wish she had been given more time to work on it, because there are a few filler tracks that I think would have worked better as B-sides, but "Wow", "In Search Of Peter Pan" and "Hammer Horror" are some of my favourite songs from her whole catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    Does anyone know which songs are from TKI era or before, and which were new when Lionheart was recorded? I'm confused...
    the new songs were Symphony In Blue, Fullhouse and Coffee Homeground! the rest were from TKI era! in Under The Ivy book Andrew Powell said that they cancelled some of the songs that were supposed to appear in TKI like Wow due to the fact that they were darker than the general feel of the album!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Interesting! Thanks for the info. I'm going to read that biography soon hopefully.

'twas mbc 'twas kollins Michael Michael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suli View Post
    the new songs were Symphony In Blue, Fullhouse and Coffee Homeground! the rest were from TKI era! in Under The Ivy book Andrew Powell said that they cancelled some of the songs that were supposed to appear in TKI like Wow due to the fact that they were darker than the general feel of the album!
    I could have sworn 'Wow' was new for LH.

early demos...
    http://www.dongrays.com/kate-bush/mp3/

I haven't read any biographies, but Hammer Horror, Violin and Kashka from Baghdad are apparently very early songs.

Quote Originally Posted by kollins View Post
    I could have sworn 'Wow' was new for LH.
    from Kate's Mouth:

In fact, I only wrote three new songs - `` Symphony in Blue", `` Fullhouse'' and `` Coffee Homeground'' - and if you know that, then you can tell the difference in style. Basically, this album could have been a lot better. (1984, Women of Rock)

I love Oh England! My Lionheart. I can't listen to that song without crying, and I'm not even English. I would list it among my favourite sad songs of all times.
    Black Diamond finally confessed