Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never For Ever

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I think the singles on it are just incredible. I always thought the "Army Dreamers" single cover was really cool

NFE is a summer album for me. There's something about the instrumentation, especially on things like "Delius" and "Egypt," that conjure that feeling for me.

NFE is my third favorite Kate album (It was also the first one I bought ). I think it's criminally overlooked (well, besides the singles) and underrated as an album. I love every song on it. "The Infant Kiss", "Violin", "All We Ever Look For", "Blow Away", and "The Wedding List" are all favorites (all three singles, too, obviously). I even love "Night Scented Stock", which is an absolutely gorgeous little piece of vocal layering. Actually, I love everything on this album The awesome cover is an added bonus. I want a t-shirt of that image!

Banned
    The Wedding List is one of my favourites from Kate, and in general I really like this album. However, I have to say that I can't stand Violin.

The only track I don't like is Egypt. Everything else is gold.

^ Egypt is probably my least liked among the other songs on the album. I love it when I watch it with the video from the '79 Christmas Special, but otherwise, I just find it more b-side material.

Egypt is one of my favorite songs on the album!

That The Wedding List performance is so obnoxious to me. I actually prefer Lionheart to NFE because of how much I hate Violin and The Wedding List. Plus, Lion has Oh England, My Lionheart, which is one of my top five Kate songs.

And yes, the Army Dreamers single art is amazing. I remember seeing for the first time exactly what it was. I always saw just a photograph of Kate looking very USO, but one day it finally hit me that it was a poster tacked up by a soldier that one of the gals who came to entertain had signed for him. At least that's how I take it. I think it's brilliant.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Egypt is one of my favorite songs on the album!
    And mine! I simply love it. The music is amazing and she says "my pussy queen" - what's not to love?

Count me in as an Egypt fan, too.

So many great moments on this album. I do love the singles, but I think the rest of the tracks are just as strong. "Blow Away (For Bill)" is criminally under-appreciated. "Delius", too. TAAAA TA TAAA!

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    'Delius' is lovely. As one of her first forays into a more ambient sound, she really pulled it off.

Last edited by garnite; 01-06-2013 at 01:18 PM.

I speak the truth. Hipsters suck. WhoIsThisTerrorist's Avatar
    This album really snuck up on me. To think, I once liked Lionheart better than this! It's just SO lush and gorgeous, words can't describe. Violin and The Wedding List are two of my favorites, but then again, I love Kate's rockier songs.

May contain traces of nuts.

aawwwww. Adorbs!

I love the way the priest hams it up in that Wedding List video. Makes me laugh every time.