Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Let England Shake: the all-purpose thread.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    As far as I can translate, it pretty much says it's due in October and is produced by Mick Harvey and John Parish. Cool!

Note, my french is very basic...but I gave it a try:

The new PJ Harvey album, successor of White Chalk is on the AZ announcement of current october releases. It is something to celebrate.

The album was recorded and produced by men of great confidence: Mick Harvey (ex Bad Seeds) and the loyal John Parish. As they were responsible for the highlights/peaks like "To Bring My Love" and "Is This Desire?", we're hoping for the best.
    'Will be this the title of the album/Will this be on the album, recently revealed on the BBC? Capillairement, a promettait dj…[no idea what this means. perhaps "this [video] capture promises that much"]

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Details we know about the forthcoming album

* March 2009 - Polly tells Spinner: "I've demoed my own next record. I'll hopefully be recording that in the spring of next year. All I can say is that I am pleased with it, because I feel it's a grand departure from anything before. If I've done that, then for me, it's worked. I'm already feeling like I did, and I'm happy. I'm very pleased because I'm not repeating myself."
    * Says she plans to work with John Parish, Flood, and Mick Harvey.
    * March 2009 - Polly tells Billboard: "I've written it all, actually. I'm just going to wait until the spring of next year before I start recording it. I'm not sure how eventually it will turn out; I didn't write on piano, but I can't really say at this stage. All I can say is that I did try to write something that I felt was challenging and very different than what I've done before."
    * April 2009 - Polly tells Les Inrockuptibles that on the new album she is going to play "quite a lot of guitar" and is also going to use saxophone and glass harp
    * April 2009 - Polly tells Pitchfork: "I know what I want to do and I pretty much want John to be co-producing with Flood and I really enjoy working with them as a team. And also Mick Harvey I think would be a good part of the combination for the songs that I've written. John is the only one who has heard the songs so far, but they're all written. We decided, as it's such a long way in the distance we're not listening to them at all at the moment, just concentrating on this album (AWAMWB)."
    * January 2010 - MickHarvey.com: "Mick will be co-producing and playing on the next PJ Harvey album which gets underway in April 2010."
    * March 2010 - Freeborn Sound Studios in Berlin reveal that Polly and John visited the studio in summer 2009 as they were interested in recording in Berlin. But they ultimately chose to record at a church in Dorset: "Instead they decided to do the album in Dorset, where PJ’s at home and a church has been converted into just the kind of space that they need."
    * April 2010 - Polly tells Andrew Marr that she has written about half the new album on autoharp
    * June 2010 - "John has just finished recording the new PJ Harvey album & is currently working on the score for Martin Donovan’s forthcoming movie Longfellow."
    * June 2010 - October 2010 release date

Yay! Thanks for posting. I cannot wait.

I am sooooooooooo ready for new PJ Harvey!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
    Note, my french is very basic...but I gave it a try:
    Capillairement, a promettait dj…[no idea what this means. perhaps "this [video] capture promises that much"]
    Hey, I'm Focus-Staircase on The Garden Forum... I can tell you that you're french is good The last sentence means that her haircut (even if it's not completely her hair) sounds promising (I think there is some irony in these last words...)

^^Aaaah....thank you. It makes somewhat sense now.

Anyhow....this is very exiting news!

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Excellent news!!!!!

Great news! I'm looking forward to hearing this.
    Google's translation is amusing.

Oooo October. Can't Wait!!

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar
    Yes yes yes!

Does anybody get "The Soundtrack Channel" as part of their cable or satellite subscription? If so, be on the lookout THIS weekend for footage of PJ+JP at last year's SXSW KEXP/ME Television studio session.

http://www.thegardenforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=596

The wikipedia article linked in the post above shows what cable systems carry it. It's on EchoStar 9 (Galaxy 23). It'd be especially great if this could be snagged for posterity.

new PJ album is out Oct 18 according to UK Schedule published in all the chart sites (haven, ukmix, buzzjack...)
    Last edited by borneoman; 07-04-2010 at 06:34 AM.

FAP!

Count me in on the counting down to new Polly.