Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Red Shoes

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Oh and Eat The Music kind of sucks, but I really like the lyrics ("He's a woman at heart, and I love him for that").

And So Is Love and You're The One are not bad, but waaay too generic for me. I never listen to those.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM View Post
    Oh and Eat The Music kind of sucks, but I really like the lyrics ("He's a woman at heart, and I love him for that").

And So Is Love and You're The One are not bad, but waaay too generic for me. I never listen to those.
    The last two you mentioned are my all-time fav. of Kate, ha. I agree that the arrangement for these two are a bit generic, but the lyrics and her performance in them are way too moving.

I don't know a lot of things behind album histories and words of Kate about them, but....
    it's only my impression or does The Song of Salomon seem an outtake from The Sensual World? it's a wonderful song

If so, it shows pretty poor discretion in the "what to release department"; The Song Of Solomon destroys pretty much everything on TSW (possible exception: Love & Anger), imvho.

Moments Of Pleasure might be my favorite Kate song. I grew up on showtunes, so I can stand the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by warmgun View Post
    I don't know a lot of things behind album histories and words of Kate about them, but....
    it's only my impression or does The Song of Salomon seem an outtake from The Sensual World? it's a wonderful song
    that is partly true, Kate mentioned that the Trio Bulgarka vocals on that song were from an unused previous record session.

I love the title track and 'Moments of Pleasure'.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by suli View Post
    that is partly true, Kate mentioned that the Trio Bulgarka vocals on that song were from an unused previous record session.
    thank you!

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    I love that her tights are laddered on the sleeve.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Listened to TRS for the first time in ages just now and one of the things I was struck by, beyond how much I generally enjoyed it, was how fantastic her voice sounds throughout.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    I love this album so much. The Song of Solomon is probably one of my favorite songs by anyone, ever.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Also just watched The Line The Cross & The Curve and really quite enjoyed it! I loved seeing Miranda Richardson doing Kate's voice in "The Red Shoes." Oh, and when Kate calls Miranda "bitch" too!

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Sometimes I have to have a bit of a laugh over the overall sound of the album. It's as if Kate was trying to make a Shakespeare's Sister album, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    Also just watched The Line The Cross & The Curve and really quite enjoyed it! I loved seeing Miranda Richardson doing Kate's voice in "The Red Shoes." Oh, and when Kate calls Miranda "bitch" too!
    I enjoy that, as well. I love the film and I adore the album.
    "I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it."

^ So...how come you make sense on unforumzed but not in that other forum?

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Heads up Red Shoes fans: We are doing a listening party for this album in a few hours! : KBLP2 - "The Red Shoes" - Listening Party - Sunday May 8, 2011 @ 11pm GMT/6pm EST