Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us the active stuff you did today

[ validated ]

Exclamation Tell us the active stuff you did today

Instead of “your day at the gym,” this is a more general, all-encompassing thread for us to post the healthy, active things we did today / have been doing lately.. be it @ the gym or elsewhere

Last night I gardened for over an hour and rode my exercise bike for 20 minutes / 7 miles.

Early this morning I did Marisa Tomei’s “best legs” workout for the first time. Hmm. It’s different. Not too challenging. I learned I can’t skip backwards! There’s still two other 20 minute workouts on the DVD to try. Marisa is the main reason I bought it. She’s fantastic in every way and absolutely gorgeous.

I also did 40 pull-ups, 10 chin-ups, 500 push-ups, and I’m going to do Yoga Today’s ’Invigorate, circulate & celebrate” class in a bit.

fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Mackerel's Avatar
    30 minute yoga DVD with Rodney Yee! lots of arm balance exercises including crow pose (which I still haven't got right).

Well, I WILL be doing legs...sometime..today. I've been doing Cathe's STS Strength series and was just able to download her STS Shock Cardio dvds some very heavenly person uploaded to the interweb recently, so I have that now too.

Banned
    Marisa Tomei has a workout video??

Yesterday I too did a bunch of gardening/yard work. Today I haven't done squat because when I feel stressed/sad I literally cannot move. Even though I know the antidote to feeling down is to move. It's a paradox! : )

I've just started the 100 push ups program (once again!) and opening this thread reminded me that I need to do another day today.

The two times I've tried to do this program using "Knee" push ups, I haven't got past week one (column one) as my core was not strong enough to hold me in good form and I strained one arm repeatedly. I like the idea of the challenge though so thought I'd give it another but go doing "Wall" push ups instead. I've started in week one but in column three and so far, so good.

Week One, Column Three, Day Two: Set 5 = 12 (logging it here since the pushup logger won't work for me).

[ validated ]
    Awesome Lexa. Is that a program where you work toward doing 100 consecutive push ups? I do a lot of push ups but I've never done 100 consecutively - That's something I should probably work toward myself. The world record for most non-stop push ups is 10,507, set by Minoru Yoshida of Japan in 1980. Insane!

Quote Originally Posted by NUHN View Post
    Marisa Tomei has a workout video??
    She has two! The dvd I have is called "Core & Curves." The other is a hula hooping one. They're both new.
    Last edited by C33; 06-18-2010 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by c33 View Post
    Awesome Lexa. Is that a program where you work toward doing 100 consecutive push ups? I do a lot of push ups but I've never done 100 consecutively - That's something I should probably work toward myself. The world record for most non-stop push ups is 10,507, set by Minoru Yoshida of Japan in 1980. Insane!
    Yeah. http://www.hundredpushups.com/ I think Honeybell (?) did it a while back and posted about it on @.

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lexa View Post
    Yeah. http://www.hundredpushups.com/ I think Honeybell (?) did it a while back and posted about it on @.
    Oooh, I'm investigating this.

I've been meaning to give the 100 pushups program a go too, lexa. Thanks for reminding me!

I never thought about love when I thought about home

fulfiller of the mullet prophecy eednic's Avatar
    hundredpushups eh??? sounds intriguing!

today i walked the pup--30 minutes
    jogged--20 minutes
    showered--15 minutes
    baked a cake--3.14 minutes and thensome
    got lost on the east side delivering cake--45 minutes

What is says on my white board...
    2 paint the fence (2 sets of 10 reps each arm)
    2 Military press (2 sets of 10)
    2 Bench (2 sets of 10)
    3 sets of bicep curls.
    200 crunches
    50 abs from side of the pool
    ballet squats
    dead man lift.

played in pool with the kid, throwing her, etc.

Let's see. 20 min of dishes, 50 min of Zumba, 60 min of vigorous dog washing / drying, just made dinner and we ARE going for a walk or bike ride after dinner. It's so nice out!

ran 3 miles/27:30 minutes. Hot today.

I did my DoggCrapp A2 workout today:
    Pectoral Flys
    Military Press
    Tricep Extension
    Close Grip Lateral Pulldown
    Iso Lateral Low Row

I'm beat.