Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesca Hoop

Icon15 Jesca Hoop

Does anyone know her? I'm in love with her music, especially her last album, 'hunting my dress'. Here's the video for her song 'the kingdom'

Oh noes, it's been blocked!

umm, yeah but if you click one extra time you can watch it on youtube?

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    ^Nope. It still says that the content is blocked by EMI on copyright grounds in my country.
    However, if you search for her on Youtube there are a bunch of her videos on there that are not blocked.
    Last edited by blissgurl; 05-31-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    Suck it, Shawn.

in that case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0411Ooul2s

stupid EMI.
    Last edited by Gwen; 06-01-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: it's still early and I haven't had my coffee

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Just a funny - I saw a lot of Fox/Goose Form going on in that video. Blatant Tash ripoff.

Now for real - I love the recording.. right at the beginning if you listen with headphones it has an awesome 3D sound effect.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Her friend is playing the TENOR GUITAR. Every time I see a tenor guitar being played like this.. I think an angel gets its wings.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

^love that song, can't wait for her new album.
    Here's the one that got me into her music. Heard it playing in the background of a commercial and looked it up. It's with Guy Garvey from Elbow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35EeM5DHgRU

I've just got back from seeing her in London. She was amazing. She is very funny with her banter and between song stories and a very engaging performer. Here are a couple of photos.

I'll post some videos and the setlist after I've had some sleep.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

She kind of looks like PJ Harvey in these pics.

Jesca has a Pledge Music project for her next album.

The Complete Kismet Acoustic
    I’ve decided to release a full length version of my first album ‘Kismet‘ in acoustic form, expanding upon the ‘Kismet Acoustic EP’ from 2008. This album includes 6 new recordings of the remainder of ‘Kismet’ as well as 2 previously unheard bonus tracks!

‘Pledging’ towards the creation of the new album will entitle you to an advance copy . You’ll be sent a download of the new album in MP3 format, before it’s available anywhere else, as well as any other items you picked out. In addition, as pledgers, you’ll get EXCLUSIVE access to my ‘Updates Page’, a special area of the PledgeMusic website, where I’ll upload cool content such as videos, photos, ramblings and perhaps some music here before anywhere else. All this content will not only be exclusive to you as pledgers, but also FREE!

A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to Voice Project; The Voice Project (charity) The Voice Project is a multimedia music based non-profit initiative focused on aiding women’s groups in Uganda, Sudan, Democratic Republic Congo, and Central African Republic affected by violence from the Lord’s Resistance Army in one of Africa’s longest-running conflicts.

Many thanks and best wishes
    Jesca x
    Sounds good!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Just seen this on Twitter. If any of you guys were thinking about picking The House That Jack Built up now may be a good time to do so. It's one of my favourite releases from last year.

JESCA HOOP’s The House That Jack Built only $5 on Amazon this month.
    What an awesome deal! Jesca Hoop’s latest album, The House That Jack Built, is now on sale at Amazon for only 5 bucks through the month of January. Visit HERE to take advantage the sale.

The House That Jack Built deftly showcases Jesca Hoop’s unflinching tendency to pull focus from widescreen to close-up. Part siren song, part grim warning, it achieves a perspective- warping balance between the haunting intimacy of Hoop’s delivery and an unconfined air of horizon-scanning grandeur from the outset – tempestuous, moodily melodic opener ‘Born To’ shares this striking duality with later highlights ‘When I’m Asleep’, ‘Peacemaker’ and ‘Deeper Devastation’.

It arrives with more than a few splashes on its hands. Life and death; light and dark; sex and war; head and heart: The House That Jack Built offers up as much in celebration of the macabre as it does in mistrust of the familiar, with a twist of humor. It’s steeped in an allusion to biology, nature and humanity, but drops precious few clues as to whether its next rush of imagery is set to beguile or repel. This visceral album will open a whole new world of listeners to Jesca’s music.