Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesca Hoop

Jesca'a Pledge Music campaign has reached its funding target.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Jesca Hoop - Silverscreen (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Cool!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Icon15

I saw Jesca play at the WOMAD festival here in the UK over the weekend. She was as wonderful as she usually is and seemed to make a good impression on people that hadn't seen her before.

I took a few photos and recorded some songs:

photos spoilered for size

Jesca Hoop - Hospital (Win Your Love) (Charlie Gillett Stage, WOMAD, 26/07/2013)

Jesca Hoop - The House That Jack Built (Charlie Gillett Stage, WOMAD, 26/07/2013)

Jesca Hoop - D.N.R. (Charlie Gillett Stage, WOMAD, 26/07/2013)

setlist

Jesca performed Born To at a backstage session for the Guardian. Video here.

Great selection of songs in a live session and an interview with Jesca here.

Jesca tweeted
    I'm sittin in for @guygarvey on BBC6music on sunday night Oct 6th! Tune in to hear 2hrs of Great tunes and #allthecrapthatcomesoutmemouth!
    That should be fun!

Hater
    Just saw her last night in NYC - more people should know her!

^Yes! She's brilliant!

She has a new Pledge Music campaign to recreate Hunting My Dress acoustically.

WONDERFUL KCRW live session and interview.

I love her so much.

New song!

Stream a new song from Jesca Hoop featuring Willy Mason, 'Whispering Light'
    Jesca Hoop's new album Undress is now slated for release on 24 March, a little while after it was originally scheduled to come out, but to tide you over she's got a new song called 'Whispering Light' out now. It's a gorgeous duet featuring Willy Mason, and shows her intentions with Undress; the album will be a reworking of songs from her latest LP Hunting My Dress that sees her working with the likes of Iron & Wine, Guy Garvey, Erika Wennerstrom, and many more. She wanted to capture the essence of her time out on the road with a stripped down, bare bones feel of her already lovely songs. Listen to 'Whispering Light' below.
    Doesn't look embeddable so hit the link to listen.

The Undress project is at 99% funding on Pledge Music.

I saw Jesca in Birmingham last week. It was a solo show and she delighted us with a good selection of songs including several new ones from an album that should be with us at the tail end of this year or early next. One to look forward to there!

Bumping this thread because she is fabulous. All her stuff is A+. Her ability to be extremely quirky and devastatingly heartbreaking at the same time is a wonder. Obsessed with the song Tulip currently.

Blake Mills suggested I listen to her music, as a new fan where should I start?

Quote Originally Posted by Exit 75 View Post
    Blake Mills suggested I listen to her music, as a new fan where should I start?
    Hmmm. Hunting My Dress is my favorite whole work by her, but The House that Jack Built has some more immediate songs on it. I'm not as familiar with Kismet.

I'd say start with Hunting My Dress if your feeling adventurous and want jump into her really quirky stuff and THTJB if you are feeling apprehensive and want more straightforward, catchy, song structures.

^ That's pretty good advice!