Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Weinergate

What a dumb fuck!!! I really was in his corner. I fell horrible for his wife. I don't know much about her except she's super intelligent and beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    I fell horrible for his wife.
    Ugh, i know. Broken trust in a relationship/marriage is just The Worst.

flayed on the marble stairs
    I read, though, that apparently his wife knew about his online relationships prior to their marriage?

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I never get why people's personal lives and relationships have such a big impact on their work. I dunno, but to me, that kinda rubbish isn't a big deal if the person can do their job. Their personal lives are their personal lives, and their working lives are what I judge them on.

flayed on the marble stairs
    I understand that, but I feel that as a public official, there is a certain code of conduct you need to uphold. Yes, this is a private matter, and it probably should remain as such, but we live in a digital era where nothing can truly remain private, especially when you're a politician or someone of importance. It's just not feasible, so I think that it was incredibly foolish of him to use Twitter as a means by which to send suggestive photos to other women. What's most disappointing to me is that he did this while in a relationship with another woman. Of course, I don't know everything about his private life and why he chose to behave this way, but I think his infidelity and lack of respect for his wife sullies his reputation and trustworthiness. If he can't even keep his dick in his pants, I don't know if I can respect him as a person. And although I know I should probably keep his personal and political lives separate, I can't help but let one bleed into the other.

See, that's the thing I don't get - if he was sleeping around with women in his place of work, then I'd have issues with his work. If not, then they're kinda separate and his own private life, and whether someone makes bad choices or inappropriate ones in their privates lives doesn't mean their ability to do their job will be any less.

I don't like the blurring of the lines between personal lives and professional opinion. It bothers me.

[double post]
    Last edited by ebby; 06-06-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    See, that's the thing I don't get - if he was sleeping around with women in his place of work, then I'd have issues with his work. If not, then they're kinda separate and his own private life, and whether someone makes bad choices or inappropriate ones in their privates lives doesn't mean their ability to do their job will be any less.

I don't like the blurring of the lines between personal lives and professional opinion. It bothers me.
    My problem isn't what he did, but that he lied about it. Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post

I agree. Just because a person sleeps around or likes to sext with strangers doesn't mean they aren't good at their profession. However, in this day and age, political opponents (and the public and media in general) will use this sort of thing against a person...so if you're going to do it, don't be completely stupid about how you go about it. According to ABC, Weiner was practically cyberstalking a woman who "liked" something on his Facebook page. So not only was he leaving a traceable record of his activity, he was doing it with a complete stranger and therefore had no reason to believe she wouldn't run to the media. That's just stupid. Really, really stupid.

Whether it's right or wrong, this type of shit ends political careers, so he's a complete idiot to not at least take some measures to try to keep it private.

Quote Originally Posted by SMMY View Post
    My problem isn't what he did, but that he lied about it. Repeatedly.
    Ah ok. I get you. That's where things get icky when people start lying in public. But then, should they even have been asked about it in the first place?

I don't really mind the lying. What I would mind is if the sexting was unwanted/non-consensual.

I figured it was really him all along.

Its just so ridiculously tacky! WTF? I can't believe people older than me are sexting!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

What pisses me off about this is that Shitheel Andrew Breitbart exposed it, so all of his little groupies are crowing about his being "vindicated".

Yeah, no. So what if he was right about this? So he's a stopped clock. But he's still responsible for lying ACORN out of existence.

Yeah, Wiener is an idiot. But Breitbart is a worthless piece of shit.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiCat View Post
    Whether it's right or wrong, this type of shit ends political careers, so he's a complete idiot to not at least take some measures to try to keep it private.
    They showed one of the pictures on TV just now, it's of Wiener holding up a sign under his face, the sign says
    ^ME
    . Supposedly he sent it to one of the women he was sexting with when she didn't believe that he was an actual congressman.

I guess these guys get lonely/frisky at night and all logic and common sense goes out the window.

Text sent by Weiner:

“Wow a Jewish girl who sucks cock! This thing is ready to do damage.”

FUCK.